PDA

View Full Version : rubbing back a mk2

KI11Z
02-09-2007, 11:00 PM
ok, i've been having mental battles with myself about the fact of me have two projects now that i have the jetta and have even contemplated selling the jetta again but i cant bring myself to doing that :( . . .

SO, i'd really like to do a john (golfer) and have the vwjet rubbed back, rust free'd, repaired and sprayed!

so firstly, is it going to cost me an arm and a leg?!

Does any brisbanites have any panel shop recomendations?

and what are the "rust problem" areas' on mk2's?

A BIG THANKS TOO ALL THAT HELP! :D . . . . . . . . . . . . . Alex:cool:

Lukev85
02-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Judging from what ive seen in the old golfs and passats which are similar im guessing the main rust areas on a oldie golf would be the floor, doors, around the boot, bonnet.

RedMk2Gti
03-09-2007, 08:27 AM
I haven't seen too many rusty Mk2, Mk2 panel are wax injected, it has got much better rust protection than Mk1. Pull out a small section of carpet in front passenger and driver to check, usually problem starts there cos water can trap there easily. at the end its your car, you should be able to see where are the rust j:

KI11Z
03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
I haven't seen too many rusty Mk2, Mk2 panel are wax injected, it has got much better rust protection than Mk1. Pull out a small section of carpet in front passenger and driver to check, usually problem starts there cos water can trap there easily. at the end its your car, you should be able to see where are the rust j:

yeh yeh cheeky . . . . . . i know . . . . . .

DUB 20V
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
yeh yeh cheeky . . . . . . i know . . . . . .
my mk2 had rust around the windscreen had to take the galss out to see it.

KI11Z
05-09-2007, 03:46 AM
^^ Cheers!

Satanstoenail
07-11-2007, 02:45 PM
my mk2 had rust around the windscreen had to take the galss out to see it.

Same here.