PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen wiper... sequence...

SOHC
17-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Just gettin annoyed in the rainy days with the windscreen wipers, somehow on my Mk3 GL, if I tap the button to the bottom, which should be the slowest speed, sometimes it just doesn't goes on, sometimes it goes every 3,4 seconds, sometimes its like every 2 seconds n so on, so does any body knows whats the prob.? Thx

Tim
17-04-2006, 10:01 PM
you may have the infinitely variable intermittent wipers

as per the users manual im reading from. (i was curious too cos until i read this i wasnt sure)

- switch on intermittent wiper and wipe once

- switch off intermittent wiper and then switch back on again after the desired delay

once u switch the ignition off it reverts back to 6 seconds

SOHC
17-04-2006, 10:34 PM
oh thats weird stuff... i think i should get a user manual, i can get from the dealer rite?? anyway thanks a lot

Tim
17-04-2006, 11:13 PM
not sure mine come with my car.

worm
18-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah, thats it. Same as the VW transporter. If you flick the stalk on and off it changes the intermediate time between wipes. I think there are 3 different speeds. If thats not it, you have a porblem.

golfvr6
19-04-2006, 12:18 PM
it is fully programmable - makes sense - you flick down once to wipe, and again and let it stay there when it needs to wipe again - then that is the interval set -- when you think about it it is quite logical

jaimo
13-05-2006, 09:24 PM
All polos, mk 3 Golfs , T4s have have this type of relay.Not many people know, this because the sales guys did'nt know the cars had this feature either !
(.99) relay can be fited to MK 1,2 Golfs ,T3's etc. Just remove old relay & fit new-fangled one.

rayray086
20-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Sorry to dig this post back up again, but I was intrigued by this too. I didn't really have a problem with the windscreen wipers (it works like every other car? Or maybe I haven't noticed it yet), but with the rear screen wipers, it would do that weird sequencing thing as described by SOHC. I've got the manual buried somewhere... but for the time being, anyone know how to just get one swipe going? Cos usually when I pull the stalk forwards to get the rear swiper working, it'll swipe about 3 times, stop, then after a few seconds will go again, and sometimes I don't want it to lol.

golfvr6
20-09-2006, 05:08 PM
to get one swipe with the rear - just hit the stalk back once more when the wiper is doing its first wipe. then it should stop after the first. it seems a bit silly you have to do it this way - but works!

rayray086
20-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Haha sweet, thanks for that. Did you happen to find that out experimentally or was actually written somewhere??

Golf Loon
20-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Two pushes = one swipe. Dunno why but it applies to all VWs.

golfvr6
21-09-2006, 10:44 PM
found it out through trial and error!

read...<hit stalk> ... wipe...wipe - damn it! turn off <hit again> - oh - that works...

lets try it again... <hit once> wi... <hit again> ..pe... - it did it once and stopped!