PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q3 engine stop/start function

LunchboxVRS
26-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I myself own a VW but my Aunty and uncle just purchased a new Q3. Don't know all the speaks but is a Quattro, has the S line pack. With 19" wheels and leather/alcantara sport seats ( which I must admit a fantastic seats and look great)
Not sure what the engine is but it has the stop/start feature which both my uncle and Aunty hate. I haven't driven a car with this feature so not sure how annoying or good it is but they want to turn it off. The dealer says you can't but maybe the VCDS has a trick up its sleeve. They live about 150km from me but if the VCDS can switch it of there willing to come down so I can deactivate it.

So the question is can it be done? Anyone with an audi done this? Or being a VAG are there any VW owners that have this feature as well and could shed some light maybe?

Ryan_R
26-12-2012, 05:29 PM
No idea, but I did a Google for you :)

Start-stop system - Audi Q3 Forums (http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/startstop-system_topic195.html)

It seems you can turn it off via a button on each trip, but there's no VCDS setting to keep it off by default each time you start the car.

If the MK7 Golf has the same issue then that'll probably be a deal breaker for me.

Umai Naa!!
26-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't believe you can disable it permanantly.

It should've been a deal-breaker from the beginning for them.

The way the industry is going, more and more of these sorts of features will become more prominent across a broader range of cars. To buy a car without a particular feature, will inevitably mean switching makes or models.

I know very well that'll have a similar arguement with my partner over Start/Stop if we end up buying the Golf BlueMo that I want.

cjay
26-12-2012, 07:03 PM
My A1 has the dreaded Stat/Stop, it's a pain in the bum, why they can't set the default to off is beyond me.

Bambazonke
11-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Pm transporter I think he has disabled it in his daughter's or wife's Tiguan. He sent me a reference scan for it as this car is identical to mine which has start stop and from the codes in the BCM module I think he has managed it

Hillbilly
12-04-2013, 08:36 AM
The Passat has a button on the console It has an A in a circle That turns stop start off or on.

Umai Naa!!
12-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah, but you have to press it every time you cycle the igniton.