PDA

View Full Version : New CC Pricing - what is a good driveaway price?

hadrami
25-12-2012, 11:44 PM
We're in the market for a new CC, stock with only possible option as the sunroof.

Now I know the RRP driveaway price is $54,990 + $2000 for sunroof, but what price have you guys gotten for stock or with an option or two?

And we prefer the 2 tone beige interior over the black, any comments from those who have it or were considering it but went with the black? The fact that there is only 1 on carsales in Australia means we will most likely have to order one (+ with sunroof), so was also wondering how long yours took to have it delivered.

And on the subject of sunroof, I know it only tilts up, not slide open, but the main reason we're considering it is to let more light in, not necessarily air, but do you think if we went for the beige we would still need the sunroof?

Thanks.

Hillbilly
26-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Dont know about pricing but if you wear glasses you may not like the sunroof.

I had one in a previous car that didnt have a blind to close under it.

I found it was a pain as I got reflections in my glasses from the sun.

Had to tint it dark to stop them, negating the "more light" part of the idea.

Ours has beige interior and its plenty light enough The black interiors look smaller and darker so was quite pleased to find this one.

Has black carpet though in cabin but beige in the rear which is pretty hard to keep tidy.

Also running with the sunroof open kills air conditioners

hadrami
26-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Anyone who can share what they paid for their CC?

hadrami
28-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I have been offered a CC 125TDI, white with sunroof for $56000 driveaway with the purchase of a Golf GTI in white DSG with 17" wheels (which is priced at $39700). No corporate discount.

Any thoughts?

Buzy_Robot
28-12-2012, 05:10 PM
The CC 125TDI is $60,221.50 RRP driveaway in Melbourne (according to the VW Australia website), so optioned with a sunroof for $56,000 driveaway is very good indeed. Isn't the Golf GTI on special at $39,900 driveaway at the moment or am I mixing it up with another Golf variant? Either way, you're buying TWO VW cars, so there should be a sizable discount regardless.

By the way, I strongly advise you make sure the wheel alignment is set up properly on both vehicles before you drive off the dealer's lot. The other option is to have the wheel alignment checked by Bob Jane or another reputable tyre place. If the wheel alignment had been done properly on delivery, the ContiSport tyres on my B7 Passat sedan would have lasted longer than 17,000ks! Maybe I can get them up to 20,000ks, but not much more.

Furthermore, if you notice any rattles in either vehicle, please get them fixed immediately as VW only warrant rattles up to 1,500ks. After that, you'll have to pay to get them fixed.

Very good choice of cars there mate. Enjoy!

Leagle
30-01-2013, 12:41 PM
We're in the market for a new CC, stock with only possible option as the sunroof.

Now I know the RRP driveaway price is $54,990 + $2000 for sunroof, but what price have you guys gotten for stock or with an option or two?

And we prefer the 2 tone beige interior over the black, any comments from those who have it or were considering it but went with the black? The fact that there is only 1 on carsales in Australia means we will most likely have to order one (+ with sunroof), so was also wondering how long yours took to have it delivered.

And on the subject of sunroof, I know it only tilts up, not slide open, but the main reason we're considering it is to let more light in, not necessarily air, but do you think if we went for the beige we would still need the sunroof?

Thanks.

I purchased my (Passat) CC in late 2009. I have had it for three (3) years now and it has been a great car.

I paid mid $70s with options back then for the V6 model. I think prices are similar now days.

I too initially considered the "panoramic" roof and dual tone leather but opted against them. Why?

1. Re the roof, it does not slide open. To me that makes it useless as a "sunroof". Yes it looks great and yes it does let a lot of sunlight in. But it also lets in unnecessary heat and some other users have complained about added noise. I don't recall anyone complaining about leaks but this was in my mind too. Although I initially loved the look of the pana roof, I am actually happy with the cleaner look of my car without it too.

2. The dual tone leather was also dismissed by me on pragmatic grounds. I heard others complain that the lighter tones get dirty easily and though (again) certain combinations look great, nothing beats black for durability. My dark interior still looks new after 3 years.

It may also help you to know what I think of other options that I did pick (dynaudio, self park, reverse cam, RNS510 upgrade and cooling seats)

My favourite now has to be the dynaudio. I am an audiophile though so really appreciate the added quality, I hear that the standard unit is more than satisfactory for many. I could not live without the RNS510 upgrade which incorporates GPS either. The self parking mode was a great novelty when I purchased and I would probably option it again but you can live without it. Rear camera is useful but the car does have front and rear sensors too. Cooling seats I rarely use but appreciate when driving to a meeting in my suit on a warm day.

I did not get adaptive cruise, the (standard) cruise control is one of the best units I have used but perhaps adaptive cruise is worth considering too. Save your money on the roof imho and go for a more practical interior. My 2c

Alvs
31-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I recently purchased my 125TDI almost fully optioned up through a company VW fleet discount and paid $61k. It was a great deal and although a fleet discount may not necessarily apply to you, at least this may give you an idea of how far they can go if they need to.

Also I must say, as with leagle I also had my doubts about the sunroof.... However decided to go with it and although its early days for me, so far I'm very glad I added it to the list.

The two tone interior looks amazing too.... Only time will tell but I'm thinking its probably worth the extra cleaning time that I will no doubt need to spend on it.

Eaglen00b
05-02-2013, 11:33 AM
I recently purchased my 125TDI almost fully optioned up through a company VW fleet discount and paid $61k. It was a great deal and although a fleet discount may not necessarily apply to you, at least this may give you an idea of how far they can go if they need to.

Also I must say, as with leagle I also had my doubts about the sunroof.... However decided to go with it and although its early days for me, so far I'm very glad I added it to the list.

The two tone interior looks amazing too.... Only time will tell but I'm thinking its probably worth the extra cleaning time that I will no doubt need to spend on it.

Hi Alvs, I've sent you a PM about your new ride. Congrats on the deal! :)

GippsCC
06-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Re: Wait times. I ordered in October, and my vehicle is only just finishing factory build now. Allow 3-5 months I reckon, if a build matching your requirements isn't already under way.

Eaglen00b
07-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Got a prelim quote for $69.5k driveaway (Fleet/Corporate) for :-

VW CC 125 TDI (Factory build for Oct 2013 delivery)

Candy White
Window Tint to match privacy glass
Driver assistance package
Park assist 2
Active Climate control front seats with massage function
Dynaudio premium sound system
Walnut wood & ambient lighting
Door sill protection black with silver highlights
Rubber boot mat
Transparent loading sill protection
FREE Swap from Lakeville to Interlagos wheels including spare (subject to availability of donor V6 on showroom floor).
Paint glaze (Ceramic Pro 9H High Gloss Permanent Nano-Ceramic Coating - lifetime warranty with annual inspections) Leather, dash, glass & wheel protection
VW New Vehicle Extended Warranty (3 Yrs - Underwritten by Allianz)
Full tank of fuel at delivery.
Delivery and handover to me at the office.

My next step now is to see how far the dealer will go to get the sale. Time to negotiate. HARD. :deal:

GippsCC
07-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Wow - congrats on scoring Interlagos upgrade for nix. Well done! Might have to see if I can talk my dealer to do the same lol.

Eaglen00b
07-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Wow - congrats on scoring Interlagos upgrade for nix. Well done! Might have to see if I can talk my dealer to do the same lol.

Well, I suppose you can now quote a precedent. I was very pleasantly surprised actually..... I only asked the question (worst they could've said was NO). :banana:

hadrami
07-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Picked up our new white CC TDI yesterday, so far loving it. The cabin is extra awesome at night with the sunroof as well.

Wife loves the premium feel compared to the Toyota Aurion Touring we had.

Photos to come soon! :banana:

Eaglen00b
07-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Picked up our new white CC TDI yesterday, so far loving it. The cabin is extra awesome at night with the sunroof as well.

Wife loves the premium feel compared to the Toyota Aurion Touring we had.

Photos to come soon! :banana:

Awesome at night? What color are the instrument lights?

hadrami
07-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Awesome at night? What color are the instrument lights?

You will see them when I take the photo :P

GippsCC
11-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Well, I suppose you can now quote a precedent. I was very pleasantly surprised actually..... I only asked the question (worst they could've said was NO). :banana:

Sadly, they didn't have a V6 on the floor for me to steal the Interlagos' from :(

Oh well, was worth a shot, and to be honest I CAN live without them lol. But again congrats on picking them up yourself.

On another matter, I had confirmed today that my CC will arrive April (having just come off the production line with all my build options this week). So six months from ordering, but on plus side 2013 build date plate.

brad
18-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Wife just got an indicative (ie: it could change a little bit) price from her fleet manager for a bare bones, absolutely no extras, 125TDI.
$48020 inc GST & delivery - plus on roads at whatever they cost.

Eaglen00b
13-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Got a prelim quote for $69.5k driveaway (Fleet/Corporate) for :-

VW CC 125 TDI (Factory build for Oct 2013 delivery)

Candy White
Window Tint to match privacy glass
Driver assistance package
Park assist 2
Active Climate control front seats with massage function
Dynaudio premium sound system
Walnut wood & ambient lighting
Door sill protection black with silver highlights
Rubber boot mat
Transparent loading sill protection
FREE Swap from Lakeville to Interlagos wheels including spare (subject to availability of donor V6 on showroom floor).
Paint glaze (Ceramic Pro 9H High Gloss Permanent Nano-Ceramic Coating - lifetime warranty with annual inspections) Leather, dash, glass & wheel protection
VW New Vehicle Extended Warranty (3 Yrs - Underwritten by Allianz)
Full tank of fuel at delivery.
Delivery and handover to me at the office.

My next step now is to see how far the dealer will go to get the sale. Time to negotiate. HARD. :deal:

Order has been confirmed and signed off. Delivery has been set for Friday 1 Nov 2013 with the dealer doing a drop off and handover at my office at 12.30pm on the day. If for any reason my CC is delayed, the dealer will instead be dropping off a demo MY13 Touareg or demo MY13 Passat Alltrack as a loaner for me to use until it's ready. To be honest, I'm not too keen on either the Touareg or Passat Alltrack, but the important thing is that I won't be stranded without a car on the day! At least I won't have to consider driving a company supplied *shudder* rental?!?

The only change to the above specs is that the CC will now be a 130TDi (130kW/380Nm) instead of a 125TDi.

The final price I ended up getting from the dealer was much lower than the prelim quote, but this was only after very long, hard but fair negotiation. Please note the price I got was Fleet/Corporate with very hard bargaining thrown into the mix, so normal retail pricing wise I'm not sure what discounts can be obtained. In terms of negotiating discounts, YMMV.

Now for the hard part..... the waiting!