PDA

View Full Version : I Must Be Cursed...

melissa
30-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Ever since buying my T4 brand new back in 2003, I have had the most annoying time with little issues...installation of speaker in the wrong spot and having to get new interior panels when a week old..damage when it was taken back for warranty repairs...still got problems occasionally with power window on passenger side..rust...reverse gear idler..is there a pattern??? anyway...when they cut the rust out I got the bonnet resprayed to get rid of the stonechips in preparation for the clear paint protection film...

can you see where this is headed??

Get there today to pick it up after it spent the night for a sleepover and it was pretty late and she is waiting outside for me. I immediately notice something on the edge of the side piece (not the bonnet) so I go inside to see what the go is..I had been given a rough price over 6 months ago of $400 so when he works out how much of the stuff they had used, he said it was $505 but he would meet me half way and charges me $450... so I then say, "can you just come out and show me this spot I noticed?" so he comes out and says, "ah yes..well.." goes on to say that sometimes they have a problem with lifting the film and taking some of the paint off.. but I say to him..hang on..this is original paint, not respray.. so they have gone over it WITH SUPER GLUE!!!!!!...thats it. I've had it. Its the final straw. I am NOT going to do one more thing to this Kombi. She stays as is..cause thats what she wants. I am defeated.
Photo to follow. Apart from that defect, the film looks really good and very hard to see. So if you can find someone that can do a good job of fitting, then go ahead, especially on a brand newie or a respray.

gpk_gti
30-08-2007, 09:04 PM
the vw gods must hate you.what have you done to upset them so much???!!!!
I advise you to start praying furiously...maybe a set of wheels,new seats,set of coilovers and hopefully this will appease them!!!

I feel for you melissa!!:(

melissa
30-08-2007, 09:06 PM
:?..I have no idea what I have done..I cherish this Kombi..

Thanks for the sympathy though...

Lukev85
30-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey melissa,

i think everyone who reads this post can see that you are a great owner for ur t4. Im supprised that a new car could give such trouble. Thats not usually what happens when you own a Volkswagen.

Im sure that even though she causes you headaches, she will give you some sorta pleasure, thats what Vw's do :)

Hang in there.

T4er
31-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Cheers Mel. Here's to better luck from here on

DaveMack
31-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Best of luck, Melissa ... the bad-news streak has to break sometime.

Dave

phaeton
31-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Oh no not another prob Melissa :(

I have great empathy for you.

melissa
31-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh no not another prob Melissa :(

I have great empathy for you.

Thanks..I must look like the biggest whinger in the world and I know its not something thats going to make her run better/faster or more gorgeous than she already is... it's just that its always happening TO ME.
Getting the brakes done and a service next week..what will happen then??? :?

phaeton
31-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks..I must look like the biggest whinger in the world and I know its not something thats going to make her run better/faster or more gorgeous than she already is... it's just that its always happening TO ME.
Getting the brakes done and a service next week..what will happen then??? :?

The whingers on the vortex (Americans) would disagree j:

WEDEL.1
31-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Dietrich the Green T4 and I are sorry to hear you are having these problems

Dietrich thinks its because your T4 needs to mix with other T4s at a VW Show??

Maris

melissa
31-08-2007, 08:06 PM
My T4 mixes with lots of other VW's but hardly any T4's. She lives with 2 X T3's and a Type 3 fastback and when we go to Kombi Club things there is usually at least one other T4. I am going to Old Bar so she can hang with a few others there...but dont tell her its only for one day...shhhhhh;)

melissa
01-09-2007, 04:15 PM
It's a lot harder to see in a photo and as its only just been done, it will settle a little bit more but you can see just how long the strip of paint they lifted and then stuck back down with super glue..I actually would have preferred they left it uncovered and got me to touch it up properly with my touchup paint (it was in the glovebox but they wouldnt have known that.)
First shot to give you an idea of location...
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/09/RIMG2652-3.jpg

Close up..
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/09/RIMG2651-3.jpg

gpk_gti
01-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I would have asked for a respray if you didnt sign any disclaimers!!

neil
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey Melissa.

Take it back.

Would appreciate a pm on who applied the film.
Would not like to take my jetta there when I get her.
Neil.

melissa
01-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I didnt sign anything when I left it with them. I did sign a warranty card when I picked it up, but I have that in my possession. They have been around for many years in Newcastle. I suppose I will just wait and see if it settles. He said to come back after a month if it hasn't...

BigWhiteT3
02-09-2007, 08:38 AM
No way Melissa. I'd be pissed if someone did that to my old T3, let alone your gorgeous T4. That ain't right!

I think he's hoping that after a month you'll just forget about it. Put it in your diary and after exactly a month go back and see him, and stick that strip of paint to his forehead!:mad:

Ash