PDA

View Full Version : VCDS (HEX CAN) in melbourne (near eltham-ringwood)

leighaus
19-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi guys,

Was hoping someone might have a hex can VCDS cable that i can borrow for a day or two. I have just had my 2002 Mk4 GTI tuned and need to do some test drives to see requested/actual boost.
Also maybe unlock a few features, but im not even sure what options there are in relation to that. pretty sure you can do a DTE and windows down feature with the key fob.

I have my own usb compatible laptop.
Im happy to leave a deposit and compensate the owner with something of their liking. Please send me a PM if you can help.

Thanks guys,
Leigh

h100vw
19-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi guys,

Was hoping someone might have a hex can VCDS cable that i can borrow for a day or two. I have just had my 2002 Mk4 GTI tuned and need to do some test drives to see requested/actual boost.
Also maybe unlock a few features, but im not even sure what options there are in relation to that. pretty sure you can do a DTE and windows down feature with the key fob.

I have my own usb compatible laptop.
Im happy to leave a deposit and compensate the owner with something of their liking. Please send me a PM if you can help.

Thanks guys,
Leigh

You can't see boost on the MK4 mate. You can log MAF though.

Gavin

leighaus
19-12-2012, 09:50 PM
ah, bugger. disregard last then.

Thanks again Gav.

h100vw
20-12-2012, 06:11 AM
ah, bugger. disregard last then.

Thanks again Gav.

To do any useful logs on an ME3.8 you have to use an external wideband system. I have an Innovate one that you feed with engine speed, Boost and lambda.

You do take VCDS logs on the same runs and use both as references.

Gavin

lankfert
20-12-2012, 08:52 AM
If you still need it, i have one and live in Greensborough.

PM me if you are still keen.

leighaus
20-12-2012, 10:31 AM
thanks lankfert, pm sent.