PDA

View Full Version : 147 Pricing and some questions

rprodrive
17-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi guys I took a look at the 147 high line DSG today for my wife and it is a nice car. Good value too!

A couple of questions if I may.

What drive away deals are people getting on this model? The dealer had a vehicle in the showroom (new) MY13 for $38,800. I didn't bargain - that was the sticker price reduced from $43k something so there is room in that price.

IS the DSG the 6 speed or the 7 speed?

Does the engine have a timing chain or belt?

Many thanks

tsybesor
17-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi rprodrive. I got my 147 DSG (6 speed only) drive away for $36k incl metallic paint. It was at a time when the dealer was doing free on roads and were having a slow day on the sales floor so I think I did well. They said at that price they were only making $200 or so - and I was happy with the deal anyway as the RRP is $43k or something like that.

I think they have the free on roads sale until end of December if you're in Sydney (barloworld mascot).

Good luck.

blutopless2
18-12-2012, 07:57 AM
DSG would be 6 speed and timing belt.

DoggiesUtd
25-02-2013, 02:42 PM

I just order one for 37k drive away.......inludes black rims....and black spoiler lip......car is white!
cant wait to get it

dArK5HaD0w
22-05-2013, 01:01 PM

if its a MY13, it will have the same engine as a mk6 GTi - the ea888 (CCZx). this one is chain driven, not belt.

i've always had my eyes on the 147 jetta, for many many yrs, and was bout to buy one.......but then i saw the octavia RS!!
same components (mk6 gti engine, dsg6, suspension, interior etc etc), however the RS was cheaper (3 yrs ago), has more boot space, and more std options.

DoggiesUtd
22-05-2013, 03:20 PM
i think the jetta looks better and the resale value would be better on a vw than a skoda....plus i have some added perks like my dad being a service manager at vw so i will get looked after....but the Octavia Rs is certainly a good value car

Kojmeister
12-06-2013, 12:23 AM
if its a MY13, it will have the same engine as a mk6 GTi - the ea888 (CCZx). this one is chain driven, not belt.

i've always had my eyes on the 147 jetta, for many many yrs, and was bout to buy one.......but then i saw the octavia RS!!
same components (mk6 gti engine, dsg6, suspension, interior etc etc), however the RS was cheaper (3 yrs ago), has more boot space, and more std options.

Hey dark5had0w, I've got a MY11 147tSI and I've got a CCZ code engine with a timing chain...so i guess our models came with these engines since day 1 ? Confirmed this with my preferred VDub mechanic (and he ain't from a VW Stealer Service Centre!!)