PDA

View Full Version : New car collection - What to check?

drad81
07-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi All,

I'll be picking up a new Alltrack in 6 weeks and since this is the first time I've bought a new car I was wondering if I should be looking for anything. I managed to negotiate a few extras like roof bars, bike rack etc so of course I'll check that they're there but do I inspect the car for anything in particular?

team_v
07-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Make sure all the paint work is immaculate and that all the electronics work.
Also make sure it has a full tank of fuel and the wheels have been aligned.

drad81
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Do they have to supply a full tank of fuel?

How do you check if the wheels are aligned? ask for a print out?

team_v
07-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Do they have to supply a full tank of fuel?

How do you check if the wheels are aligned? ask for a print out?

I don't know if they have to supply a full tank but i would still ask for one.

I asked for a printout of the wheel alignment when i picked mine up.

Masker
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
You need to apply as hard as possible price negotiation and/or payment terms...

Believe no dealer in the world wants to lose a vehicle sale in these very difficult economic times...

I would apply so much pressure on the seller to make him at the point that he feels he is going to lose the deal unless he negotiates the price!

drad81
07-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Already did that.

Was very happy with the price and inclusions I got and I shopped around between 3 VW dealers before settling on a final price.

As a new car not demo, how many KMs would you expect to see?

team_v
07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I had 14km on my non demo, new car.

AdamD
28-12-2012, 10:34 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f112/new-car-pickup-visual-things-check-39273-6.html#post546245

The One
20-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Already did that.

Was very happy with the price and inclusions I got and I shopped around between 3 VW dealers before settling on a final price.

As a new car not demo, how many KMs would you expect to see?

I think it's usually anywhere between 10-18km, I've never seen one over 25km's.

drad81
20-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Picked up the car yesterday and it had 27km.

The car was originally delivered to Qld the transported down to Syd. They also filled the tank up with diesel.

So far extremely happy with the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LunchboxVRS
20-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Yea mine had 24km but it come of the boat in Melbourne and then put on the spirit to tassie so problem had a couple more moves hen normal.

domanski
22-01-2013, 08:57 PM
They will supply a full tank of fuel but only if it will be part of deal. Some dealerships will put only 10 litres but some will put full tank with no questions. You'll never get a printout from 4 wheel alignment at the time when you collect your car. Is not a part of pre-delivery check. It was set up by factory. If you find a problem in first weeks - pulling to the left or right, take the car back to the dealer and ask for warranty repair/ 4 wheel alignment/ optiline. After this you will get a print out. Check for scratches and condition of paint work, any dents, tyre pressures, warning light on dash and all fluid levels.