PDA

View Full Version : A New Family Member

rodrocco
28-08-2007, 07:38 PM
After having paid $5k for a '95 Cordoba 3 years ago with 195k on it and only having to replace a rear wheel bearing since, I found a '97er with 190k on it and decided to buy it for my daighter who is about to get her L's. Well ....no way, it's mine and she can have the '95er. I dont know if I should say what I paid for it yet, because by all reports I either stole it or it's a lemon. The only hint of a problem is that it's a bit hard to get it into 1st.

SoVeReIgN
28-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Is that a cannon on the back of it?

Hopefully it hasnt been thrashed to hell and back! :o

Looks nice though

Golf Loon
28-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Nice work there Rod. She looks a beauty. There are some bargains out there in Cordys for those who know em, as people are scared of em!

Fools, they are great cars, I love em.

The into first issue is probably gearlinkages or bushes. I bet if you go into 2nd and then go into first it works.

rodrocco
29-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Into 2nd, clutch again and then slip it into 1st. It goes into the workshop next week for a full inspection and "need to be dones" before re licencing in WA. By the way, the techies at the licencing centre call those "cannons" .... Milo tins. By the way, I just had a closer look at those boots and they are 205/45 x 16 ...... gulp !!

evorobin
29-08-2007, 02:41 AM
they are 205/45 x 16 ...... gulp !!

What's odd about that? Congrats on the cheap euro trash :D

phaeton
29-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Welcome to VWwA rodrocco j:

You have a :cool: Cordy :D

rodrocco
29-09-2007, 08:41 AM
The Cordy comes out of the workshop next week. Phase 1 to get it over the pits for WA rego is nearly complete. It included a new immobiliser - a legal requirement in WA before you transfer any 2nd hand car, working electric front windows, front seats are now bolted tight to the floor, new 2" SS exhaust ... still with some noise but the cannon has gone, new window tinting, disks, pads, rear drums, handbrake and all the globes are working. Will have to give it a wash and get some more pics.