PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Wednesdays - Drag strip open to public at WSID

GermanwithaVdub
26-08-2007, 09:49 PM
hi guys, just wandering if anyone here frequents the wednesday nights drag strip open to the public at western sydney international dragway?

i havent ever been but ill probably head down there soon, itd be nice to look out for some fellow dubbers and their cars.

this is the link www.wsid.com.au/subpage.asp?Page=Street-Info

fill me in!

michael

GermanwithaVdub
28-08-2007, 12:42 PM
nobody????

Lukev85
28-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Not me personally, but the previous owner of my Passat used to race that there. there are some burnout pics of my car on here somewhere

srbsta
30-08-2007, 12:29 AM
damn i would love to go and c what my GTI can run......hope i can go there b4 i lose my license on the 19 th :D

The_Hawk
06-09-2007, 06:54 PM
hope i can go there b4 i lose my license on the 19 th :D

Do you actually hand it in?

It's an off street event... get someone else to drive you there, then just show your license. It's not like they check further than that :)

Anyway, anyone interested in heading down the drags one Wednesday night? Be cool to see a bunch of VW running one night :D

Street Meet General Info

NRMA Motoring + Services PRESENTS WICKED WEDNESDAYS – INCLUDING BURNOUTS!

The NRMA Motoring + Services Wicked Wednesday night Street meets continue to be one of the most popular events on the Western Sydney International Dragway calendar.

Crack it down the Quarter Mile each and every Wednesday night!

Or 'bag it up' on the Auto One WSID 'Cauldron' Burnout Pad from 9pm (maximum of 6 cars).

SMS song requests and messages of support on our wicked SMS prank line!

Competitor and spectator gates opening at 5pm with racing from 6pm until 10pm.

Wicked Wednesdays are held each and every Wednesday night all year round. (Except Jan 26 – Australia Day). The cost is $45 to race and $15 to spectate with children under 12 FREE.

Gates open for competitors from 5pm
Scrutineering from 5pm until 7.30pm (unless 200 car quota filled before 7.30pm)
Racing from 6pm until 10pm
Gates open for spectators at 5pm
Entry: Spectators $15
Children under 12 admitted free
Competitors: $45

Important Items to bring:
Current Drivers Licence
Rego paper for the vehicle (if the vehicle is not registered to you,
authorisation from owner, and rego papers)
Remember - NO REGO PAPERS NO RACE
Long sleeved shirt and pants
Helmet

See you at our next WICKED WEDNESDAY event - thanks to NRMA Motoring + Services!

Eddy
06-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Hoyhoy.
Very well organised, been there, done that.
P.S. Get there early & hop in the queue or you could miss out as it does get very popular.

GermanwithaVdub
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
BOOYAH!!! didnt lose my license, won the appeal yesterday morning :D so looks like ill be heading down to wsid one of these wednesdays... who else is up for it? if you see me, make yourself known, im BAU-31K golf tdi :)

VWEAPN
07-09-2007, 10:11 AM
hey man i may be interested in this, fitting my down pipe today and thats the end of my mods for my car. so would like to see what it runs. ill PM you or something