PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Cordoba!

SeanyQ
26-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi All,
I just bought my 1996/1997 Seat Cordoba GLX manual yesterday for $5900.
They were originally after $7995 for it, but I bought it after it'd been there for 6 weeks....
I'll try & attach some pics later.
I'd been warned about the expensive cost of Seat parts, but thought they could be sourced from VW. I felt ok about it after massive net surfing for info on the Cordoba, including this site & owner reviews on carsurvey.com.
I've always liked the look of the Cordoba's, ever since that 90's gameshow.
It definitely drives a lot nicer, has better handling & looks than the other cars in the price range.
This'd be about the 7th car I've owned in 13 years of driving.
Anyway, I plan on keeping this one for a while, I'm really loving it at the moment.
Thanks heaps for all the info you guys provide on here, it really helped sway me towards the purchase.
Here's a list of the cars I've owned for anyone interested:
1979 Chrysler Lancer (2 Door Hatch);
1980 Chrysler Lancer (2 Door Hatch);
1983 Toyota Sprinter;
1993 Ford Laser (Hatch);
1988 Honda Integra;
2004 Kia Rio (Sedan); & now!!
1996 Seat Cordoba!!

phaeton
26-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Welcome to VWwA SeanyQ j:

Quite a list you have been through glad you finally choose a VAG product.

gpk_gti
26-08-2007, 10:22 PM
mate welcome to our patch of vw/seat heaven!!!

parts for the SEAT are not as expensive to find,especially if you have a resident SEAT nut,GOLF LOON.contact him for any advice of those bits and pieces and as always you can just post here and someone will give you a hand!!!!

post up some pics soon!!!!

Golf Loon
27-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the recommendation gpk.

Yes i have many Cordoba parts, congrats on your new car. They are great.

Jarred
27-08-2007, 10:37 AM
a kia to a seat aye? Big jump! haha ( I drove in a kia once... *shivers* yep, I feared for my life.) welcome to family (cause we're all italian and various characters from "the Godfather"?! hmm...)

welcome mate

SeanyQ
27-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks Guys!! j:

I forgot to add that it's a 1 owner with full log books. It was owned by a couple in their 40's with no kids....162,000k's though.

It's currently totally standard. I only intend to get the windows tinted & add side, front & rear protection strips.

I can't work out how to post the pics, so I've just added the attachments (pre-cropped).

The last 2 photo's are examples of Cordoba's I found on trading post with the front & rear protection strips....