PDA

View Full Version : My VR6 :)

Pullstarter
26-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Howdy y'all,
Been on the forums for a little while now, had the VR6 for about 3 weeks and still sorting out some issues, already had the following fixed;

New front brake rotors and pads
New oil cooler seal
New electric water pump
New front control arm bushes
Passenger side front window reg
oil and filter change

Also installed a K&N pod, love that growl :)

Car had the following bits when i bought it;

Eibach Springs
Billstein adjustable shocks
17" diablos (i think)

Hoping to do the following very soon;

New stereo system
Exhaust
New front seats (or retrim)
New rims*

*Why new rims you say? Well the toss bag owner that put them on the car used spacers on the front so the inner part of the spokes would clear the brake calliper unbeknownst to me at the time of purchase. So, rather than have a wheel snap off under cornering I will be getting some new rims shortly that dont have to sit on illegal, dodgy and dangerous spacers :mad:

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/pullstarter/images/detail/#245/dscf0568ex9.jpg

rayray086
26-08-2007, 06:04 PM
It's a good looking thing :) Enjoying the ride?

Thumbs down to dishonest/"play dumb" sellers :(

SoVeReIgN
26-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Car looks really clean!
Although they're really generic I really like the Diablos - They suit the subtle VW/Audi look well IMO.

And not all spacers are totally dangerous, although they're all illegal... If you get some high quality metal ones you should be pretty confident they aren't going to fly off.

benissatan
26-08-2007, 06:46 PM
hey mate. nice car! looks in good condition too!!:)

Pullstarter
26-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys, spent a lot of time detailing and armor-alling etc, the plastics were pretty dingy when i got her. As for the spacers my mechanic reckons they're dodgy as the wheel isn't resting on the hub so the studs are taking the full weight :( Going to go have a look at these at ozzy tyres tomorrow :)

http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/page.php?load=wheels_more&WheelType=Tuner&mag_images_id=104&mag_id=31

Rayray the ride is SWEET!! Handles like it's on rails :D