PDA

View Full Version : Mileage and first month's impressions

SH3P
30-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I have been tracking my mileage since I picked up my Scirocco MY13 (DSG) on the 26th of September

I have been using only Shell V Power,
( i have started to fill up every Tuesday with a Cole 8 cent discount voucher..seems to be the cheapest option so far..)

All in all very happy so far, no issues.

Next Steps...Stereo ( speaker upgrade?)

Will continue to trak and post here over time for those interested in mileage.

Car is driven spiritedly when the mood takes, drive to work is about 40 - 50 kms return in peak-ish traffic

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/Cn1BK-1.jpg

shimee
31-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Man your fuel economy is killing mine. My drive is <20Kms return in full on peak traffic and im sitting at 18L after almost 2mths...obviously this stop start commuting is the worst but I didnt expect 18. Yes I give it a bit through 1st and 2nd so its my fault but to be honest Im not thrashing it by a long shot.

At the end of the day I dont care as I love the car so much.

Oh, I use BP Ultimate fwiw.

mr gee
31-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Your fuel consumption will improve with mileage.
I'm at 15000km and my FC is consistently between 9.2 to 10 l/100km.

Arno_Scirocco
06-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi guys,
I have a 2011 DSG with 6500km on it. Driving to work and back gives me beteen 8.5 - 10.5 lt/100km depending on how i drive it. I dont get much worse than say 13.5 if i give it quite a bit lol. All 60-70km zones so can't hold the throttle down too long :)

seems pretty good if not better than i expected.

Toy86
06-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Heya all,

Had mine now for 3 weeks, I'm not sure if she is getting a tad slower or I'm just getting used to the speed. I see what people mean about wanting more and more power.... first day I drove I was like "I dont need anymore power than this" - Can I take that statement back ?

Love it though, even if it is a little heavy on the gas

jwlc
06-11-2012, 09:43 PM
You need a tune, and then an intake, and then an exhaust, and then an intercooler, and then some suspension enhancement, and then some lighter wheels, and then brakes, and then fuel pump, and maybe a a 4WD conversion kit.

Heya all,

Had mine now for 3 weeks, I'm not sure if she is getting a tad slower or I'm just getting used to the speed. I see what people mean about wanting more and more power.... first day I drove I was like "I dont need anymore power than this" - Can I take that statement back ?

Love it though, even if it is a little heavy on the gas

Arno_Scirocco
07-11-2012, 07:43 AM
haha, I'm with you on that Toy86.

First impression was - "wow, this is awesome. Definitely won't need to look at tuning game for a while with this one..."

After 3 weeks of ownership - "hey dad, come for a drive and tell me if it's still pulling ok..." lol

Yeah, i can see a stage 1 coming on pretty soon!

In saying that, after taking it for a blast last night i can still get in a lot of trouble really quickly haha.

Mileage to and from work is still touching in and around 10 this morning.

she_dub
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
You need a tune, and then an intake, and then an exhaust, and then an intercooler, and then some suspension enhancement, and then some lighter wheels, and then brakes, and then fuel pump, and maybe a a 4WD conversion kit.

Yup to all of this ^

I've never cared about fuel consumption, with or without the modifications. All I know is I have a close relationship with my local BP ;)

Toy86
07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
This is my second VW, I once owned previously a 96 VR6 Golf, and it was the most expensive nightmare I ever owned....

I know the reliability is much much better with the scirocco but I'm so scared of waiving my warranty by going down the tune path.. Yes everyone has a different opinion on the matter but the fast is - if VW dealer can prove that the tune was to blame for a part failing then I'm screwed... if my engine blows up, i'm up for $12,000 replacement if i'm not covered... My friend bought a new Polo GTI last year, with in 3 months of ownership he had been through 2 engines and 3 DSG transmissions - yes I know he got a lemon but still, I love my ROC, LOVE it! hell I wash it every 2 days!

But hell did it cost alot of money and I dont want to be paying anymore outrageos costs unless it actually benefits me :P

Please feel free to change my mind regarding this though, I dont mind hearing the positive from the ones who have crossed over!

djchuckles
08-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm just shy of 2,000 km's in and so far i've achieved an ave of 8.2 - most of my drives are long trips from the Sunny Coast to Brisbane but had a bit of fun with a heavy right foot for some local blasts - pretty happy with that

Arno_Scirocco
19-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah i can achive sub 9lt/100km as long as there are some sweeping and continuous driving... Put any kind of stop start in there and north of 10lt/100km is easy. Did some highway followed by spirited sweeping hills and still got in mid 9's so was pretty happy with that.

Filled up yesterday and got about 520km's from the tank (refill was just over 53 litres).