PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Phone Problem

CruiseJunkie
21-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi

I'm interested to see if anyone else has the following problem. I'm using an iPhone 5 and previously had the iPhone 4 and the problem is happening with both phones.

When the phone is connected to bluetooth and I have the radio on when an email or sms message hits my phone it cuts out the radio and come up on the screen BTphone. I have to go back to the radio by touching the radio button of the head unit.

It's driving me nuts!! :confused:

Just returned from a 6000KM holiday drive and the Yeti didn't miss a beat. Great car for along drive.

Mickyb
22-10-2012, 12:05 AM
fk ! that would drive me nuts too.
I pair up a Blackberry to mine, it doesn't cut-off the music or radio when a SMS or email comes in. It seems to pair up with the BB very well, pairs up immediately and using the touch-screen to make calls or check phone addresses seems seamless.

Check the Phone Settings tab on the MFD, there could be a tick-box that might get rid of it.

Otherwise, it could just be an Apple thing ! :S

Ryan_R
22-10-2012, 12:50 PM
On the HU try going into Setup - Media and see if Bluetooth Autoplay is turned on - turn it off.

CruiseJunkie
23-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Ryan thanks for that suggestion. I'll check it out. I'm at work so just ran down to the basement with a friend and tried your suggestion and it works :banana:

Thanks heaps for that

Ryan_R
23-10-2012, 08:13 PM
No worries, will PM you the address where you can send cookies. :)

CruiseJunkie
29-10-2012, 01:16 PM
No worries, will PM you the address where you can send cookies. :)

Anytime !!