PDA

View Full Version : Anyone after a new black Scirocco R DSG?

Goldey
17-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi Everyone.

Might sell a brand new Sciricco R DSG. Don't know if I can live with the stiff suspension and low ride. Thought I'd see if anyone is interested before I take a big hit at the dealers trading for a Golf GTI.

Anyone interested just send me a PM.

RoccoR
17-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Why did u buy it in the first place? Didn't u test drive it?
I've had both cars. GTI mk6 and now have a scirocco R and the scirocco is not that much firmer. In fact when in "comfort" the scirocco is softer than a GTI.

shimee
17-10-2012, 08:12 AM
I would but I already have a CW - is it bad to want two of them?? Black and white depending on my mood lol

Obviously its to each their own but I cannot see how the ride is too firm for anything but off-road driving. Mine only leaves Sports mode on the rarest of occasions like lots of speed humps.

In any case, good luck with the trade. I hope the increase in softness of both engine and ride is something you dont regret.

Goldey
17-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Just bought a foam cushion support and made a huge difference. I also left the DCC in Normal instead of Comfort and i feel the ride is more compliant.

Andych
17-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Normal mode is adaptive... where Sport is very firm... well I found it to be very harsh with the factory springs and Comfort was too floaty with factory springs....all just my opinion mind you.

RoccoR
17-10-2012, 01:13 PM
What's a foam cushion support? A seat cushion?

Goldey
17-10-2012, 01:43 PM
What's a foam cushion support? A seat cushion?

Yep that's right

Dizzydumb
17-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Personally, for the money you'll be losing (ripped off by stealers) during trade in, you might as well use it to buy the KW V3 with DCC controls and soften up the stiff ride much more than factory. At the end, you'll have a nicer looking car than the GTi.

Just my two cents

Goldey
17-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Personally, for the money you'll be losing (ripped off by stealers) during trade in, you might as well use it to buy the KW V3 with DCC controls and soften up the stiff ride much more than factory. At the end, you'll have a nicer looking car than the GTi.

Just my two cents

Agree. I love the car so much and can't bear to part with it. I think I might try the Eibach springs and see if they help.

Tooth DeKay
17-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't rush to a softer ride.
I just spent the last 5 years riding around in an MY08 WRX and although it was a great car the suspension was soft as *****.
Since I've had the Scirocco it hasn't been out of sport mode. I am loving the hard solid as a rock ride.

Andych
18-10-2012, 09:03 AM
I think you missed the point....the ride isnt "softer" but is more compliant... There is a big difference but again... each to their own

Yeah, I wouldn't rush to a softer ride.
I just spent the last 5 years riding around in an MY08 WRX and although it was a great car the suspension was soft as *****.
Since I've had the Scirocco it hasn't been out of sport mode. I am loving the hard solid as a rock ride.

Goldey
18-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Really constructive comment. Guess this is why I won't be doing this form again.

shimee
18-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Really constructive comment. Guess this is why I won't be doing this form again.

It comes with the territory, hate to say it but you seem to walk into a lot of things blind ;-)

Dizzydumb
18-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Agree. I love the car so much and can't bear to part with it. I think I might try the Eibach springs and see if they help.

If it's too harsh to your liking, spend on coilovers mate. Seriously... The dampers are the culprit, therefore changing springs won't make the stiffness go away. In fact, they make it worse. Handling aside of course, I'm saying this from your point of view.

Andych
19-10-2012, 08:06 AM
If it's too harsh to your liking, spend on coilovers mate. Seriously... The dampers are the culprit, therefore changing springs won't make the stiffness go away. In fact, they make it worse. Handling aside of course, I'm saying this from your point of view.
A KW DCC kit would make a huge difference... when set up correctly and that is the trick... setting them up...and the Cost... not everyone wants to spend another $3K on their suspension...
Depending on which springs you change too there is quite a difference in initial harshness and compliance, it certainly DIDN'T make it worse in my case... and it isnt all about Dampers...
Making generalizations is of no help to anyone...

Dizzydumb
19-10-2012, 05:23 PM
A KW DCC kit would make a huge difference... when set up correctly and that is the trick... setting them up...and the Cost... not everyone wants to spend another $3K on their suspension...
Depending on which springs you change too there is quite a difference in initial harshness and compliance, it certainly DIDN'T make it worse in my case... and it isnt all about Dampers...
Making generalizations is of no help to anyone...

Woops my bad. I think different people would have different opinions about springs.

That said, +1 for the KW DCC kit as a good solution. However spending 3K on suspension is not for everyone.