PDA

View Full Version : MY13 Amarok specs out!

phantomcamel
16-10-2012, 07:16 PM
The new MY2013 Amarok specs have been released!

kWs for the manual have been aligned with the auto version (no change in torque)
no more comfort springs in base & Trendline
Light & vision package optional across range (STD in Ultimate) - as I thought it would one day....
Highline leather / seatheating option
Optional rear PDC on base & Trendline
HL & Ultimate now have FRONT & REAR PDC!
TL & HL have "comfort locking tailgate
TL --> no more 18"s
Ultimate gets cornering fog lights, but you can't order them atm.

Very pleasing changes which should guarantee the ROK further success! :banana:

dubstyle
17-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Leather in Highline......nice. Almost does away with the need to get an Ultimate.

What does the Light and Vision package include?

and what's a "comfort locking" tailgate?

Thanks

phantomcamel
17-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Leather in Highline......nice. Almost does away with the need to get an Ultimate.

What does the Light and Vision package include?

and what's a "comfort locking" tailgate?

Thanks
I think the ULTI will be eventually fazed out, but this is not "official party line", so please don't tell people this will actually happen.
LVP consists of auto head lights with coming home function & rain sensing window wipers.
Comf. opening tailgate has a torsion-spring to make it easier to close it.

dubstyle
18-10-2012, 09:16 AM
So LVP is kinda like the comfort pack in the wifes Golf.

Sharkie
21-10-2012, 08:00 AM
phantomcamel, can you compile a list of the options available forthe MY13 TSI300 DualCab. I've had 3 dealers here give slightly different stories on what is and what is not available to order.

Post here would be good. Also any goss on whether the TSI300 will eventually make it to at least Trendline grade?

I'm having to add a large number of options to the base Amarok to get it to Trendline spec :(

phantomcamel
23-10-2012, 04:34 PM
...any goss on whether the TSI300 will eventually make it to at least Trendline grade?nope...now info on Trendline coming in Petrol, sorry

phantomcamel
23-10-2012, 04:43 PM
phantomcamel, can you compile a list of the options available forthe MY13 TSI300 DualCab. I've had 3 dealers here give slightly different stories on what is and what is not available to order.

These are the MY13 changes:
ModelChange
All lines

Optional “Lights and Vision package” (std Ultimate)
Toffee Brown replaces Mendoza Brown (colour coded accessories also updated)
Air-conditioning controls on Climatronic change to match T5/Caddy
Deletion of Comfort Spring option
Option of Park Distance Control added (Rear only, forces rear bumper)

The rest is the same as 12.5

Cruise with Multi-function display
16" alloys
MF steering wheel
Bluetooth

Hope this helps

phantomcamel
23-10-2012, 04:47 PM
nope...now info on Trendline coming in Petrol, sorry*no (German typing skills....)

Turtl
09-12-2012, 04:50 PM
All it needs now is the 3ltr V6 TDI...then they'll have another buyer!!

Turtl
09-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Why would they 'phase-out' the second-most sort after model in the range?

GregsRok
01-01-2013, 11:31 PM
You say "kWs for the manual have been aligned with the auto version (no change in torque)"
Does that mean the MY13 Manuals will now have 132kw, but still only 400Nm (not the 420 the Auto has)? How and why can the do this? Why not give us the full Torque too?

Secondly, regarding the "Highline leather / seat heating option". Do you know how much the Leather option will be?

Finally, you mention that "Toffee" will replace "Mendoza" Brown. Is there somewhere that I can see what this new colour looks like? I was tossing up between the Grey and the Brown and hope to put my order in this week.

dubstyle
02-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Finally, you mention that "Toffee" will replace "Mendoza" Brown. Is there somewhere that I can see what this new colour looks like? I was tossing up between the Grey and the Brown and hope to put my order in this week.

Toffee brown is the same as the colour used on the Multivan and the Golf Wagon if you can find one. I get an Amarok Company car that is changed every 6 months, my last one was a Mondoza Trendline. Looked great with the black bumpers. Now I've got a highline which looks amazing with the shiny bits in sand-beige. I'm due for a change in about 2-3 months and think I'll stick with the same as what I've got now in the MY13.

phantomcamel
08-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Secondly, regarding the "Highline leather / seat heating option". Do you know how much the Leather option will be?
$2,390.00 incl. GST for leather package
$590.00 incl. GST for "Winter Package"

dubstyle
10-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Any idea of price for the L+V package?

phantomcamel
10-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Any idea of price for the L+V package?$390 inc

jmj
20-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Having been a very satisfied Passat owner for the past 4 years I'm now considering an Amarok... However I was very surprised to see that side curtain airbags to protect rear passengers are still not included in the 2013 model.
Anyone know why VW think that this safety feature is not required... do they have plans to introduce this in the near future? This may be a show stopper for me!