PDA

View Full Version : Would you believe it !

qsilverza
22-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Had soft clutch.

Replaced Master clutch cylinder

Not fixed

Replaced Clutch,pressure plate, thrust bearing,slave cylinder and machined flywheel.

Kind of fixed, but still very sharp to change.

Master Clutch Cylinder gives up while on burwood hwy !!!! (Had some tools with me stripped the plastics and the white swivel piece connecting to the clutch master had come off !)

What an AWESOME run I have had ! (And all this after fighting with the dealer to pay for the soft clutch to get fixed taking six weeks to get him to do it!)

AHHH!!!!:mad:

Excuse my Grammer.

99gti
22-08-2007, 11:17 PM
That's a real bugger. I hope the dealer is paying for all of this.

qsilverza
23-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeh, he eventually gave in after six weeks off calling everyday and eventually threatening with consumer affairs.

So far I have had the following problems,
Soft clutch after an hour.

Had the clutch master replaced by shop 1.

Problem still not fixed,

Had the clutch,pressure plate, thrust bearing and slave changed by shop2.

Problem fixed but has a very sharp clutch change even after 400 miles and jerky to.

and so today two weeks after all of the above,

Car broke down today, the white plastic swivel on the end of the clutch master cylinder fell off and the pedal clip was not connected. Somehow the clutch master cylinder rod got bent, do you know how this could have happen ?

Shop 1 that did the clutch master say it was fine when they put it in and that either I or Shop 2 damaged it. I say BS and that it is a defective part, he does not want to warranty it or change it. He said he has straightened the rod, will this cause problems with the clutch ? (I am going to go to consumer affairs if I have any problems.)

Any idea's on what's gone on please !

qsilverza
23-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Turns out the Metal backing piece that was welded on the actual pedal that holds the white plastic in place had come off.

It's going to be welded back and hopefully all ok ! Holding thumbs !:rolleyes:

qsilverza
26-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Well its not all ok :( The clutch master rod is still bent and now my cruise control doesnt engage as the clutch pedal is not coming out far enough to engage the switch !

I still don't know how the clutch master rod got bent. :( And as to whether it was the car or bad installation.

gpk_gti
26-08-2007, 10:04 AM
this is a horrible story..:(

keep us up to date with what happens!

qsilverza
26-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Yes. :( Is anyone available sometime today for me to take a quick testdrive in there v6 4motion ? I just need to feel the clutch so I know I can be 100% sure it is not right.:?

dre211
26-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes. :( Is anyone available sometime today for me to take a quick testdrive in there v6 4motion ? I just need to feel the clutch so I know I can be 100% sure it is not right.:?

pm sent. Be more than happy to help. Today between 1-3 would be good for me. if you need later please text me

qsilverza
26-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks a lot for the drive Dre. The suspension definately firms up the ride.

The clutch is also a hell of a lot smoother than mine.

QS