PDA

View Full Version : Why no tow bar for the vRS?

Difinity
11-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I cannot understand why the standard Fabia wagon can have a tow bar but the vRS cannot. I only want the thing to fit my bike rack to.
Does anybody know why the car is not rated for a bar?

steveyoshi
11-10-2012, 09:57 PM
nope... no idea! have you seen if it fits? and I presume you have a VRS Wagon too.

in the Genuine Skoda Accessories Manual there is a Roof bar setup for Pushies, both Wagon and Hatch... if that helps.

Sure I saw somewhere that you can install inside racks too, with the forks mounted to the backs of the rear seat rests when folded down. Although that removes the rear seat from use.

Perhaps Google can help.

Difinity
24-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Apparently vRS models cannot carry a bar. Inside racks not available for Australian delivery. I already have a rear bike bar that cost a motza. Not keen to replace with roof bars (not so happy with for carbon forks). Not happy that the cAr is now delayed another couple months either...

steveyoshi
24-10-2012, 08:44 PM
sorry to hear that... buy an accessory from Overseas then, car must be almost the same. The accessory list is on the Australian Website so perhaps the UK has theirs uploaded on there too. So you can't put Carbon forks on roof (front wheel off) racks?? How come, as I may need to do that one day too!

Difinity
24-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I could, but the front frame clamp puts stresses on the forks I would rather not. Also, entire bike is carbon, and I prefer to use the Velcro strap bar mount for this bike. Our other is a basic steel frame without quick release ... this is difficult and heavy to out on the roof, even if it is able to do so. My bar rack is worth hundreds, and I don't want to throw it away.