PDA

View Full Version : Suspension compliance over time

Goldey
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone,

just bought a new Scirocco with 0kms. It is stiffer than a 14yo boy in a brothel. I can't seem to tell any difference between the Sport, Comfort and Normal ADD settings. When I test drove one at the dealers I feel the difference every time.

Does it take a while for the car to "settle in".

Any one else experience this when they first purchased theirs???

Would love to hear from others if the car "loosens" up a bit after getting some time and kms clocked up.

levnde
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Thats interesting, although i haven't purchased my scirocco yet, i have test driven quite a few. One of those being a brand new model with 0 kms, and i could definitely tell the difference between all modes. Maybe its not actually switching?

shimee
11-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I personally like the Sports mode. I very rarely change it unless I know the road is extremely bad. I really like the firmer ride around the city and on the open road also. With 1700Kms on it it still feels tight and nimble which is what I chose this car for.

So to answer your question specifically, I havent noticed it soften up or anything. The differece between comfort and sport is very distinct.

Cheers,

Goldey
11-10-2012, 12:47 PM
It definitely switches just seems very firm in every setting. The differences are subtle. I figure it's becuause td suspension and shocks need time to settle in but wanted to see if other owners noi ed any differences over time with their cars.

Tim
11-10-2012, 12:53 PM
make sure the dealer removed the transport chocks from the springs. Ive seen this missed a few times by the predelivery guys. It restricts the spring movement.

Goldey
11-10-2012, 01:20 PM
make sure the dealer removed the transport chocks from the springs. Ive seen this missed a few times by the predelivery guys. It restricts the spring movement.

Thanks for the tip.

How can I check that myself?

Ryan_R
11-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I would imagine you'd just look behind the wheels for the springs and see if anything is shoved in there

RRRRIT
11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah I test drove a scirocco,the exact same one that I bought an ex demo,compared to the gti which is light on the steering the scirocco is heavy but that's normal ur buying a sports car.I'd rather it be tight than loose as a goose.all new cars will loosen up after use.i wouldn't be worried.

Lucas_R
11-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the tip.

How can I check that myself?

I would imagine you'd just look behind the wheels for the springs and see if anything is shoved in there

This is what Tim was talking about - have a look and make sure that your car doesnt have something like this stuck on the springs. They are normally a bright colour so that they stand out. I used to work at Holden and they were often forgotten by the pre delivery guys to remove them and we used to do them in the detailing area.

See link: VW TDI forum and Audi TDI forum - myturbodiesel.com - View Single Post - 2010 Jetta Cup Edition - Taking Suspension Down a Notch - Help (http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/20192-post5.html)

Tim
11-10-2012, 04:04 PM
If I am correct pls forward beer to 17/820 Princes Hwy Springvale Vic 3171

RoccOwner
11-10-2012, 04:46 PM
If I am correct pls forward beer to 17/820 Princes Hwy Springvale Vic 3171

Is this where you live ? Nice one !

Ryan_R
11-10-2012, 05:46 PM
No it's where he works (http://www.dubaddiction.com.au/store/)

Tim
11-10-2012, 06:11 PM
sometimes it feels like I live there :P

Ryan_R
11-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I was thinking of saying that but decided to give you the benefit over the doubt :D

Goldey
18-12-2012, 01:56 PM
FOund the cause of my horrible ride. It was the transport Blocks the dealer never removed!!!!!

Tim
18-12-2012, 02:29 PM
am I allowed to say "I TOOOOOLD YOU SOOOO!" ?

hehe just kidding. glad you got it sorted