PDA

View Full Version : Bump Steer.. and

wingrove
04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
being front wheel drive i get pronounced bump steer on rough roads or rough corners. Its not a huge issue as i can drive a car :-) but just wondering if this is a known issue with potential fix (besides trading it in on a all wheel drive)

oh and whats up with the eye level brake light leaking light onto the parcel shelf? seems pretty slack design to let the whole rear of the car glow red when you brake in the dead of night?

that is all :-)

jas

jimmjumbo
04-10-2012, 04:26 PM
being front wheel drive i get pronounced bump steer on rough roads or rough corners. Its not a huge issue as i can drive a car :-) but just wondering if this is a known issue with potential fix (besides trading it in on a all wheel drive)

oh and whats up with the eye level brake light leaking light onto the parcel shelf? seems pretty slack design to let the whole rear of the car glow red when you brake in the dead of night?

that is all :-)

jas

I have a fwd Audi A4 (b5) and have the same issue. With our open diff fwd car I don't think this is avoidable. My car is particular bad where the road has 'trench' like sags where the tyres travel over. If I accelerate without touching steering, the wheel can rotate over 45 degrees by itself