PDA

View Full Version : Met an interesting bloke in town

dubstyle
04-10-2012, 01:18 PM
An interesting old bloke approached me in town a few days ago...

Old bloke: Oh so you drive one of those Anorak things then
Me: Yes I drive an Amarok (and I dont wear an Anorak)
OB: You'll never get me in one of those things
Me: Why's that then? (I was expecting something along the lines of gutless 2 litre, etc etc)
OB: Cause of those bloody Germans and what they did to us during the war. (insert 5mins of "when I was in the war....")
Me: So what do you drive at the moment?
OB: I've got the best ute in the world, bloody amazing they are. Nissan Patrol.
ME: Oh yeah, those Japanese cars are not bad.............and who's side were the Japs on in WW2?

The look on his face was priceless.

I'm still looking around town to see if one pops up with a for sale sign in the window.

gecko2k
04-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Haha. Reminds me of when I stopped one time to let a bogan mother and her kids cross the road. She yelled at me something like:

'Just because you drive a German car you don't have to think you are something better and stop here'

Another glorious WTF moment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umai Naa!!
04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
It's a bit of a worry when society judges you on the car you drive.

Wolfgang
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Bwahaha!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Tigger
05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
It's a bit of a worry when society judges you on the car you drive.

true point...but i bet we all judge the drivers in a clapped out vn commodore with vb or bundy stickers on it hey??

popeclement
05-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I have to say I do judge drivers and their cars, but mainly so I can do a quick mental calculation on the potential awareness and skill of the driver or their lack of.

These days it's also watching the 'lane meanderers' because you know sure as hell they are texting or otherwise engaged. The problem with the Golf is it's becoming too universal - little old ladies and all that..:)