PDA

View Full Version : California review by Telegraph.co.uk (UK)

phaeton
18-08-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2007/08/18/mfcali118.xml

Enjoy ;)

We're getting the California very soon.

I believe VGA is still testing Californias ADRs in Australia.
Perhaps a public debut at the Australian International Motor Show in October. (it has been shown at AIMS before but not released on market yet ;))

jets
18-08-2007, 04:29 PM
The cabin looks superb, probably an upmarket version.
Even the pricing looks ok, but the downside is that it's SWB & the sliding door is on the RHS.
I for one am waiting to see it.

Rob

phaeton
18-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Thats UK pricing :o

Our pricing is apparently going to be high figures with top version breaking $100K barrier.

You do get 3 year warranty, 6 year against rust and its VW Built/Designed (not a third party involved).

jets
22-08-2007, 07:01 PM
[I]We're getting the California very soon.

VW have been talking about releasing the california onto the Aust. market for years. I have a magazine called ON THE ROAD dated April 2005 where they reviewed the California & said VW calls it a "concept". They expected it to be in the showrooms sometime in the following year[06]
I wonder if there is a problem with ADRs regarding the RH sliding door.

phaeton
22-08-2007, 07:44 PM
and ADR approval Gas Burners from what I last read :D

jets
22-10-2007, 11:12 AM
The van salesman at my dealers has told me that the California will not be sold in Aust, too expensive to alter it to comply with ADRs was reason given.

phaeton
22-10-2007, 06:39 PM
The van salesman at my dealers has told me that the California will not be sold in Aust, too expensive to alter it to comply with ADRs was reason given.

That sucks :(

I wanted to see one in person :)