PDA

View Full Version : Fitting cruise control to a Caddy

Cousin
14-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Can cruise control be retro fitted to a 2012 TDI 250 manual Caddy?

M

Umai Naa!!
14-09-2012, 11:20 PM
You can do it to the pre-facelift ones using the genuine kit (the only way to go, to be honest).

Not sure what's available for the current model, though.

The kit was plug-and-play (Stalk and steering wheel electrics module), with just a simple activation of Cruise Control in the Engine ECU.

Cousin
14-09-2012, 11:54 PM
I'd prefer to go genuine, Umai
I don't have a Caddy (yet) but there are some good deals around
But I'd have to have cruise (and wheels, and sat nav, and sub, and chipped, but that's another story) and figured just have it fitted later

M

Umai Naa!!
15-09-2012, 12:04 AM
It's worth establishing whether you can fit it later on, or if it's only a factory-fitted option.

Preen59
15-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't believe there is an aftermarket kit. These are all fly-by-wire so I can't see a generic cruise being available.

Don't quote me, but I seem to recall guys getting factory kits fitted later on. I got mine with factory cruise. It's fantastic.

phantomcamel
17-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Email Dan @ hazzydayz@gmail.com - try to get a VIN number for the Caddy so h can check compatiblity.

Price for VW Caddy Cruise Control is £250 NET + £40 Postage , this comes with written instructions and full Technical support from our end.

If you require other components for other vehicles we will need the chassis number for each additional vehicle, this is basically to ensure that the parts we send are always correct.
Dan Blake
HazzyDayz.Ltd (U.K.)

Cousin
18-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks Christian/Dan. Don't have a Caddy yet, but if I end up with one without cruise, I'll keep your info in mind

M