PDA

View Full Version : ideal SQ set up? . . .

KI11Z
16-08-2007, 03:09 AM
ok, so before I go round some shops asking for their biased opinions; What in your opinions are possibley the best brands to go for when wanting absolute sound quality? right from either 2way splits or 3way splits up front? what in the rear? maybe center channels? and what subs are known for they sq qualities?

And perhaps for argument sake, lets say money isnt an issue? :rolleyes:

Thanks to anyone with valuable input!

. . . . Alex :D

BlackVr6ix
16-08-2007, 09:20 AM
if i had a decent budget ($5000-6000) i'd be using either a set of Polk SR6500 or Hertz Mille in the front, two way with the main tweeter mounted down near the driver with another ambiant tweeter of the same make in the dash running attenuated between -8 and -12 db. full sound deadening of the door and skin and screw the door skin onto the door, not the patetic press in clips.

as for the back i'd use the matching co-ax with the same deadening setup as the front.

In the boot a 4th order bandpass box with 2 10's. full deadening on the entire boot/hatch area.

Boot mounted Yellow Top Optima battery powering Audison LRX amplifiers.

As for a source unit i'd probably go a Clarion HX-D2.

My unlimited budget... well I havent thought about that in a while but it includes body modifications and some pretty serious hardware!

KI11Z
16-08-2007, 01:35 PM
ok, so whats a 4th order bandpass box?? :confused:

ScienceVR6
16-08-2007, 01:39 PM
That would be a very nice set up indeed.

I'd love to refresh mine full of new (very expencive) gear, mabey a set of MB Quarts 3way splits, running active on 2 amps, then use a single 12" sub in a sealed box, runnig a HUGE amp.

I dont know if i would keep my center if i did this, but if i did, i would have it mounted in the top of the dash. Every reputible tuner i have spoken to has said keep the center, just mount it higher.

I dont do rear speakers.

I personally dont like band pass and ported boxes, but its just a personal thing. I also cant remember which one is the 4th order. I did know.

BlackVr6ix
16-08-2007, 01:40 PM
the sub sits in a sealed enclosure which is boxed inside a ported enclosure. it helps to limit what frequencies you can hear from the sub.

if that doesnt float your boat, then i'll just have 2 10's in a large sealed box.

ScienceVR6
16-08-2007, 01:45 PM
the sub sits in a sealed enclosure which is boxed inside a ported enclosure. it helps to limit what frequencies you can hear from the sub.

if that doesnt float your boat, then i'll just have 2 10's in a large sealed box.

The only problem i have with large boxes is there is very little space in these cars. My setup would have 3 amps, mabey a 4th, depanding on what else i do. I had to get pretty clever to mount 2 amps and a 15" sub in mine and keep some boot space.

BlackVr6ix
16-08-2007, 01:50 PM
who said anything about boot space?

joshyd-mk2gti
16-08-2007, 03:24 PM
only get a centre chanel if your going for full 5.1 (ie you want to watch movies in your car), imo.

source: alpine f1
front stage: dynaudio esotar tweeters, mw150 mid, mw180 midbass
front stage amps: 3x audison vrx 2400 (active)
sub: idmax12
amp: audison vrx 1500

then spend $5-10k on installation and tuning.

MattyT
16-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Heres a very good place to start: http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/temp/fhrxstudios/faq.asp#0

Heres what I'd be buying:
source: clarion or denon
front: Dynaudio / Morel / DLS / Hertz / Focal
Amp: Audison or Digital Designs
Sub: Digital Designs / Image Dynamics / Hertz
Sub amp: Audison or Digital Designs
Cable: Audison Connection
Battery: Something deep cycle
Deadening: Alot of dynamat.

By far and away the best place for unbiased opinions is http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/ though.

KI11Z
17-08-2007, 03:05 AM
a big cheers for sharing your knowledge peeps!! :cool: