PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance

shami
13-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi Guys,

I just thinking of perhaps starting a thread where you guys can give your tips of some simple self maintenance. Whether it be simple things like cleaning certain components or maybe even something more massive but do-able or perhaps checking certain critical parts etc etc :?

I have no mechanical flair...at all...and lately i've been poking around and fiddling with things to try and learn a thing or two. I reckon theres a fair bit of knowlegde to be shared here! :D

Cheers,

Shami

gpk_gti
13-08-2007, 09:09 PM
hmmm,,interesting.. do you mean oils or checking your bushings etc? bit hard if you dont have any mech knowledge.have you also checked in the FAQ thread?

SoVeReIgN
13-08-2007, 10:21 PM
I've got changing the oil in mine down to about 10minutes, 9 of which i'm waiting for it to drip out. :D

gpk_gti
13-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I have heard sov that you have teeth like the guy from james bond!!! :D

Cache
15-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Teeth like James Bond? I feel sorry for his boyfriend.

Back on topic.....best way to learn stuff is just to ask as many questions as possible and read the FAQ's on both here and vwvortex, there is a wealth of information on the internet from doing an oil change to installing intercoolers and if you cant find any info on something you would like to do, just ask :).

Another good way to get to know your car is linger around the garage when its getting work done by your mechanic, if they will let you in the workshop that is.

Cheers kids.