PDA

View Full Version : Formatting

mikinoz
06-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Is there any way that without creating sub categories, we can label the threads in this section with state descriptors in front of the subject. This can be done preferably by the post creator, but post creation by mods if needed.

ie.

TAS: Targa GTG etc etc
NSW: VW Nationals
VIC: GOR run

I like the fact that all of the meets threads are together, but this will help direct N00BS to the meets and events that are relevant to them quickly upon arrival at the forum.

Just a thought!

imported_brackie
07-04-2006, 06:22 AM
But computer says, "NO". The software won't allow it. (Come to think of it, apart from in users' sigs there is no way to put a location up when they post in any php software that I know of.)

Just checked the manual and the only way it could be done is to put users into "groups" perhaps with a state tag. This would work OK but would cause probs on other places. I will investigate further :D

ausgolfer
07-04-2006, 08:34 AM
:lol: type, type, type, computer says.. No.
If we just get people into the habbit of doing it and all the threads in this section have it, when someone comes on to start a new thread and they notice the trend they might be smart enough to follow.

mikinoz
07-04-2006, 05:48 PM
:lol: type, type, type, computer says.. No.
If we just get people into the habbit of doing it and all the threads in this section have it, when someone comes on to start a new thread and they notice the trend they might be smart enough to follow.

This was my point, not sure if it came across clearly though. Cheers ausgolfer!

Anonymous
09-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Not sure what you're trying to do here ?? Just change the titles of the threads ?? Just go to the first page of the thread, edit, change subject. Or are you trying to do something else ?? !!

imported_brackie
09-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Good idea of Mick's. If you're posting anything that is state-specific, make sure that you say so in the subject line.

eg TASMANIA GTG for Mk1 Golf owners
OR
eg NSW Car boot sale, SYDNEY

mikinoz
09-04-2006, 05:42 PM
:thumbup: