PDA

View Full Version : Charity Run VIC In Here

99gti
13-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok guys - 2nd of December.

I know we have a few things in the works at the moment, but I've thrown my hand up to help see this through for Vic. As I'm only a fairly recent import to Mexico - err...Melbourne, I'm after some input on some cruise destinations.

If were going to do Movember (http://www.movember.com.au/), then just for giggles - let's all stop shaving from the 1st of November and keep them going for the cruise... I'll try and see if we can get some more info on this as the time aproaches...

Destinations... Let them roll. Once we have a handfull, I'll create a poll so we can all vote. We should have good weather too by then.

Cheers,
Neil
aka -99

GoLfMan
13-08-2007, 04:05 PM
i've got plenty of places we can cruise mate :) be happy to help,

regarding the Mo, i cant bloody grow one!!! i can grow everything else but a bloody mo! :(

2nd december sounds good :)

99gti
13-08-2007, 04:10 PM
As much as I hate to admit it - neither can I realy. I hosted quite a large charity event last year for Movember and ended up having the colour in my whimpy blonde thing with some mascara! Did the trick and helped raise a substancial amout of money!!!

Let's hear some of them destinations. C'mon VIC - lets get behind this good cause.

99gti
14-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Bump!

C'mon Vic, this is a very poor effort on our behalf! The's get some ideas flowing...

PoloGTi
15-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Hey guys get along to this one event at least this year one day 3 months notice you can do it.
Cheers Rob.
Gee dont let tassie get more vee dubs then Vic lol that would be a shox.

ausgolfer
15-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm up for it all, I can grow a decent mo tho, did it last year in about 2 weeks. I have one now at the moment and with my ray bans on everyone keeps saying I should be riding a harley.j:

Destinations. Personally I don't think we need to go far to make it a decent cruise, but thats just me.
I would like a local cruise, around melbourne somewhere, maybe even yarra boulevard again. Or St. Kilda. Or Sandringham, Mornington etc.

VCL888
15-08-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm up for it. BUT.. as for groom the moustache.. Errr.. that's gonna be a BIG problem! (I only shave twice a week.. IF ONLY I really need to!! lol.)

BlackVr6ix
15-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm in for the charity run, not 100% on the Mo thou.

Carl, you goin for the Chopper Mo again? hahaha

99gti
15-08-2007, 01:22 PM
I would like a local cruise, around melbourne somewhere, maybe even yarra boulevard again. Or St. Kilda. Or Sandringham, Mornington etc.

This sounds like I great idea. If we wanted to do St Kilda, we could all meet up basicly out the front of my place. There's a few BBQ's out the front too se we could do that if we get enough interest...

GoLfMan
15-08-2007, 07:41 PM
i'd be in for a smaller cruise :) sounds good to me!

Jarred
15-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I've been on a few cruises from out greensy way and then in onto StKilda bulovard (yea, I can't spell) and they were pretty good, but its better when you get there about dusk, so you have the sun setting over the water, and a few chances for a couple of good shots with ya digi.. then you can go do chap-laps.... when it's dark... if you drive a commodore... with cut springs... so you can get you're weekly canary!

gtigrl
16-08-2007, 10:29 AM
so what do ladies grow..?? ;)

Tim
16-08-2007, 10:59 AM

depends on their nationality. Some girls give us guys a run for our money :P

Movember is a good cause. Id be happy to support it with a few bucks.

99gti
16-08-2007, 02:07 PM

Taken from the Movember website:

Gentlemen start your Mo
The Mo Bros need to start 1 November (Movember) clean shaven and then grow and groom their Mo for the rest of the month.

Whilst growing Mo's is left to the boys, Mo Sistas form a very important part of Movember be it recruiting or supporting the Mo Bros, fundraising or getting glammed for the Gala Partés. - VW crusies included!

burtybear
27-08-2007, 10:58 PM
We're not all revheads are we?? Hey if we do get fair dinkum, I might even shave off my soup strainer and grow a new one!! My Mrs will think it's Christmas! We may need to get registered though, so that the donation may be officially recognised. Not only a great day out, but for a good cause. Next year Good Friday appeal perhaps...?:)

99gti
28-08-2007, 07:44 AM
It's quite simple really. I've managed teams before doing movember. You set you team up online and then all donations can be made by credit card online. On the cruise day, I'd like to say grab $10 from our students here and $20 for those who can afford it. I'll take the cash and put it onto my visa. We can all track our progress on-line and see our total at any given point. C'mon guys this is a good cause!

burtybear
28-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Count me in. Give us a date and time and I'll see if I can do it. And if I can't, I'll donate anyway. IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME.

FknDubbin
29-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Im down for Movember even though i cant grow one!

Regarding a cruise, we could do a run up to Mt Donna Buang. Great drive. Stop off in Warburton at the cafe there.

GoLfMan
29-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Im down for Movember even though i cant grow one!

Regarding a cruise, we could do a run up to Mt Donna Buang. Great drive. Stop off in Warburton at the cafe there.

mountain runs ALWAYS kick a#$e :D

Uomo
30-08-2007, 05:56 PM
But, i also have probs growing Mo, i shave only once a week....:confused:

belle
31-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Jarred, where are you from?

I've been on a few cruises from out greensy way and then in onto StKilda bulovard (yea, I can't spell) and they were pretty good, but its better when you get there about dusk, so you have the sun setting over the water, and a few chances for a couple of good shots with ya digi.. then you can go do chap-laps.... when it's dark... if you drive a commodore... with cut springs... so you can get you're weekly canary!

burtybear
07-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey Guys, is this still on? If we're fair dinkum, I'm gonna challenge myself, and my tight-fisted patients :evil: to sponsor me if I go for a number 2 haircut all over and shave off my goatee, etc, and grow it all from scratch! Could be a big windfall for Movember, or bugger all - here's hoping for the first one!