PDA

View Full Version : DRL Functions

BOV17
23-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey Guys,

I am positive this is the wrong section but seeming I am new I am sure you will take pitty :P

when I turn my headlights on, my DRL's go to about 50%. I would like to stop this! As I think it looks alot better with the bi xenon and bright DRL's on not the 50% ones.

any suggestions? :)

dArK5HaD0w
23-08-2012, 09:46 PM
drls on at full power at night is stupid & will blind/glare oncoming drivers!!!
u might aswell have ur high beams on then.

there is a good reason why them dim with the headlights on.

BOV17
23-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I can appreciate your concern.

I did give it a large amount of thought coming to the conclusion that I see alot of Mercs and audis etc and theirs to not dim.

i actually compaired mine on full blast with my friends RS5 and his were brighter, and yet do not dim at night.

I don't think they would be to bad, just like having normal fog / driving lights on swapped to HID :)

XTC838
24-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I am pretty sure the Audi's DRL dims to 50% when headlights are on, the same as when they have thier indicators on.

What I don't understand is why the GTI's DRL don't dim to 50% when its indicator light is turned on.

dArK5HaD0w
25-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I see alot of Mercs and audis etc and theirs to not dim.

yes they do dim - most definitely.
the reflectors in a drl r designed like a high beam reflector - they're designed to throw the light up high so people will actually see/notice it.

at night with my headlights off, my drls (at full power) light up the road & trees a good distance.

Hillbilly
19-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Why do you want them to stay on full Its a bit like people who put wanker lights on to light up between headlights and the car.

What good it that. If you didnt see it with headlights will be much to late when gets in their view.

Same with DRL's Putting the headlights on sort of negates the need for them to be on at all I think

It isnt really about LOOKS its about safety