PDA

View Full Version : Is a Bluefin retune required?

dodobird
23-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Hey guys! I've got a question. Recently i've got a magnaflow catback exhaust which sounds awesome and a K&N panel filter done on my ride, but thats after i did a stage 1 tune using superchips bluefin.

Any idea if i need to send my ride in for a "stage2" retune? I know for a fact APR tuned vehicles will have to get the stage 2 programme. I was told by a mechanic that this is not so for bluefins, that the bluefin will adjust itself accordingly to the modifications and squeeze out more power from them. I'm not to sure about that. Any feedback guys?

Jmac
23-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi there not sure where your mechanic got his info but the Bluefin doesnt recalibrate to whatever gets fitted, its kept in your cupboard at home. You have to get the map upgraded so you have to contact Superchips uK and pay for the top up and then reflash you car.
As simple as that
Worth doing not that dear, just depends on the dollar to pound at the time.
Cheers
Jmac

ziggyboy
24-08-2012, 11:12 AM
What's the performance like? 0-100?

dodobird
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes Jmac. Your absolutely right. Thanks for the feedback.

Ziggyboy: The 0-100 timing is now at 6.7 seconds. Had to change my wheels though. The previous 16inch hankooks were just terrible. Lots of wheelspin and traction control kicks in and cuts off the power, therefore affecting the timing. Now running on 18 inch Bridgestone potenza tires.

xssiiv
07-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Check with Bluefin but they usually state a stage 2 tune requires a dump pipe, very good to deal with over emails so you won't have any issues :)