PDA

View Full Version : paint chip.

Soundofav6
12-08-2007, 05:56 PM
HI all need your helps again..
I realised some paint chiped off the door and little spot of rust started to form.
can I just use fish oil to touch it up or do I need to gentally sand it off first?
Thanks in advance.

gpk_gti
12-08-2007, 06:06 PM
go to a very good spray painter and get them to mix you up some touch up paint..rubbing it back will affect the whole area.just do that spot.

Soundofav6
12-08-2007, 06:45 PM
So once I have the touch up paint. Should I spray the oil on first before the touch up ?

vinderliker
12-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Deoxodine is the stuff I used to use when I had a Auto paint repair business around 10 years ago. I am not sure that fish oil will put a film between the bare metal of the door and the paint with the paint not ending up bonding with the metal. Don't sand the chip as it will make the size of the chip expand in a second. Use a good quality hobby/model brush from a model/hobby store. Dunk just the tip in the edge of the paint, where it is thickest(make sure if it is not a prime colour especially a metallic it should mixed properly obviously other mixed paint as well. Make sure when you go to touch up the spot you get the chip dead centre and the paint flows into the chip top the level of the original paint and not flow over the edge, if it doesn't fill the chip straight away do not be tempted to add more paint straight away, let it dry a day or so and repeat.

James

Soundofav6
12-08-2007, 09:09 PM
thanks heaps... Can I get Dixodine from repco/ supercheap auto/ auto barn places like that?

vinderliker
12-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I am not sure if you can, as I have had mine for over 10 years. If you cannot, go a see a Panel Beaters supply/Spray Painters shop. They should in the Yellow Pages.

99gti
15-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Let us know how you go... I have the same thing as well that I'd like touched up. If it's easy enough, I might attept myself

Giles
02-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Mate call protec up,not sure who supplies in vic tho,
yellow pages is a good bet too like stated before ;)