PDA

View Full Version : Auto Salon & Possible Hot4's Shoot

AGO41T
10-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey Sydney Girls and Guys,

I have been talking to a mate of mine and we may be able to arrange a shoot and/or article for Hot4's magazine.

Can I find out who is interested and send me a pic of your car.

I have spoken to GolfLoon and I am also planning to enter some of our cars at Auto Salon so we can get the name VWWATERCOOLED out there.

Please only send genuine interest. There is a cost to auto salon for clubs but i will let everyone know down the line further.:D

DubSteve
10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
How much and when are we looking at this kind of thing?

Whould be interesting as I have never seen Hot4s take any interest to Euro cars besides FULISIK bmw 318I :D

fuzion
10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
How much and when are we looking at this kind of thing?

Whould be interesting as I have never seen Hot4s take any interest to Euro cars besides FULISIK bmw 318I :D

mvr6, i was thinking of selling my car and getting a m3 e36 in hot pink, er i mean 318 with m-sport stuff on it :P lol

i'd def be out of this one!

DUBING
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
haha our cars are not fully sick enough for HOT4's not enough neon's, candy paints and bodykits!:D

BL33SU
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
yeh hot4's would be prety good...

but autosalon.. :o think i'v only seen 1 vw there lol.. the polo with plates RU16YT :D

rayray086
10-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I've thought about this before! Autosalon is basically the only modified car show around the nation, so this could be a chance to put our foot in the door.

BL33SU
10-08-2007, 12:11 PM
i think VW18LT enters autosalon.. or was that nightshift show..
there is also DREAMWORKZ show n shine near campbeltown.. all d show cars enter aswell, smaller then autosalon but still big..

DubSteve
10-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't find to be honest, but then again I don't feel like getting asked every 2 mins what bloody car is that.

static1800
10-08-2007, 01:08 PM
not my thing, i hate Hot4's magazine with a passion.

DubSteve
10-08-2007, 01:36 PM
not my thing, i hate Hot4's magazine with a passion.

I have once been told they are a good use of Fire prepellant, and also as toilet paper wtf

static1800
10-08-2007, 01:49 PM
nah, tape a stack of them together to a phone book thickness then beat the owner of the current feature car as to leave no bruises.

VWEAPN
10-08-2007, 01:59 PM
im in for sure

rayray086
10-08-2007, 06:10 PM
nah, tape a stack of them together to a phone book thickness then beat the owner of the current feature car as to leave no bruises.

Haha.

I just think it's a good way to get the scene more publicised. Get the VAG scene out there.

static1800
10-08-2007, 06:24 PM
May be sounding a bit pretentious but is it the right scene to be showing it to? It's personally not my cup of tea and i don't think VW fit into that scene.

Just my two cents.

DubSteve
10-08-2007, 06:29 PM
But thats the thing there is no VW scene in Australia got to fit in Somewhere:(

BL33SU
10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
dun worryyyyyyyyyy anything is better then nothing..

hectic DUBS

static1800
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
so what we have here isn't a scene? sure its no US or UK VW scene but we have a strong community building up here and it doesnt need to be ruined by hot fours,shiney big wheels a fulisik number plates.

BL33SU
10-08-2007, 06:47 PM
just get a hot chik holding vwwatercooled.org.au sign in the magazines and we'll have few thousand extra members and be well known :D :D :???:

DubSteve
11-08-2007, 02:25 PM
so what we have here isn't a scene? sure its no US or UK VW scene but we have a strong community building up here and it doesnt need to be ruined by hot fours,shiney big wheels a fulisik number plates.

No one says that we have to have that, it would just be nice to be more noticed interms of the modifying scene!

KI11Z
11-08-2007, 06:52 PM
well I cant say i'm a fan of all that scene either, BUT! There is an awfull lot of dubs out there, be it modified of stock that have no idea of our lil ever-growing scene on here! As far as advertising for the VW community, I think it's a great idea!

VWEAPN
11-08-2007, 07:03 PM
i dont know the age group of people on here, but some people need to chillax a bit. i hate chrome but u know if someone is going to whack on some chromies,system, airbrush paint job let it be and let them show it off at the autosalon. There isnt enough dubs @ autosalon, if any. so a logical thing to do is enter and show our cars off, airbrushed or not.

fuzion
12-08-2007, 10:28 AM
well I cant say i'm a fan of all that scene either, BUT! There is an awfull lot of dubs out there, be it modified of stock that have no idea of our lil ever-growing scene on here! As far as advertising for the VW community, I think it's a great idea!

thats true, but would be also a case of a lot of people who have dubs dont really want to be in that 'modified OMG!' scene too i guess is why we dont see that many :P lol

KI11Z
13-08-2007, 12:50 AM
If we get a nice collection of clean euro dubs together on here i'd like to see a group in auto salon, just to bring us up a bit.

thats true, but would be also a case of a lot of people who have dubs dont really want to be in that 'modified OMG!' scene too i guess is why we dont see that many :P lol

true true, but it'd be nice to get the VW badge out there and have the euro styles recognised in the modifying scene instead of being seen as the retired persons choice :rolleyes: ;)

AGO41T
13-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Okay, was not expecting that response.

Autosalon does have some VW's however we need to get our name out there and make our own scene.

I have spoken to HOT's and they are doing a Euro Special that's why they thought we would be good to get it off the floor.

I get back on mid Sep so the shoot will be after that. Start cleaning your cars now.
This is a great opotunaty to bring more publication to the VW spotlight.

Get some balls and muster you cars best look and lets just go. I will set the back drop with the help of the "big boys".

"Who said luxury can not beat performance!"

Let's make our stand.:D

BL33SU
13-08-2007, 01:13 PM
good work bianca, sounds good..

also there is a JDM + DTM (euro cars) show at i think rhodes carpark in september.. hardcore jap and euro.. no chromies n fancy airbrushes also could be worth goin..

DubSteve
13-08-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm up for this great work Bianca and taking the time to think about us lol

Have a good trip :)

PS-Remember my turbo upgrade nudge nudge:D

rayray086
13-08-2007, 02:51 PM
also there is a JDM + DTM (euro cars) show at i think rhodes carpark in september.. hardcore jap and euro.. no chromies n fancy airbrushes also could be worth goin..

Ray, put up more info on this when you get some!

BL33SU
13-08-2007, 03:50 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/jazzgd3/JDM_DTM.jpg
**from night-shift website

J.SPEC & DTM GATHERING - First car show that is dedicated to the JDM and DTM style of modification.

Time for the JDM and DTM community to come out of the shadows of the modified car scene. Time for us to be recognised.

RHODES SHOPPING CENTRE

SEPTEMBER 15, 2007
7PM to 12AM

AGO41T
13-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanx Steve & Ray:D

Check out the form http://www.autosalon.org/cms/pdfs/19.pdf and www.autosalon.com.au while i'm away. Club entry is $100 for two days and you need a minimum of 5 cars to enter as a club.

Steve, we will have to get the competitors t-shirts and a banner with the club name.

I have spoken to my girl friends who are the 3rd World Aerobic Champions and they will come and do funk routines at the font of our display to get attention. Not to mention i will rally up some models too.

I think we should get the Audi A3 and Golf (VW18LT) the guys from last weekend's police blitz to enter as wellj:

Well guys i'm off.

Love you all.

BL33SU
13-08-2007, 11:07 PM
$100 and u can enter 5 cars?? sounds abit cheap.. thought it was like 300 LOL

oh and yeh get as many models as u can :D

ryan_GTI
14-08-2007, 01:47 AM
haha glad you guys are putting in the effort!

we truly need to come out of the shadows and show those JDM boys what the DUB's all about.. :cool:

KI11Z
14-08-2007, 04:40 AM
depends when and where but might make for a nice lil road trip again! would love to catch up wid you all again! :D

DubSteve
14-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah it is cheap sounds good, we have the potential to make a stance against all other cars but we don't :?

If we can get like 10 cars then you know we can be serious!

$100 and u can enter 5 cars?? sounds abit cheap.. thought it was like 300 LOL

oh and yeh get as many models as u can :D

LOL Ray how did I know you were going to say something like that :D

SoVeReIgN
14-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanx Steve & Ray

Check out the form http://www.autosalon.org/cms/pdfs/19.pdf and www.autosalon.com.au while i'm away. Club entry is $100 for two days and you need a minimum of 5 cars to enter as a club.

Steve, we will have to get the competitors t-shirts and a banner with the club name.

I have spoken to my girl friends who are the 3rd World Aerobic Champions and they will come and do funk routines at the font of our display to get attention. Not to mention i will rally up some models too.

I think we should get the Audi A3 and Golf (VW18LT) the guys from last weekend's police blitz to enter as wellj:

Well guys i'm off.

Love you all.

I'd be up for it - I've just bought myself some 18"s but I'd have to sort my exhaust and suspension before I took it anywhere :D

Anyone want to lend me some lowered springs for it? Not sure if I could organise coilovers I want on such sort notice j:

But my car is more about going quick than looking pretty :D

BL33SU
14-08-2007, 10:32 AM
sov did u buy those TT rims? lol
just buy some springs and make the ass touch d ground :D

SoVeReIgN
14-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Yah - Some dude on ozAudi was selling some, I have to pick them up this week.

lol @ springs - If I'm going to do it I want to do it properly with some adjustable coilovers, springs would just be temporary :)

PS. I like the idea of models and aerobatics, would be worth getting my car up to shape just for that ;)

AGO41T
14-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry to clarify it is $100 per car but there needs to be a minimum of 5 cars to enter as a club with the club price. Single cars get charged more.

The final battle is in the first week of December or we can give ourselves more time and make a huge deal and go April-May next year. Either way we need to organise ourselves.

Things to consider;
theme, shirts, colors, which cars, entertainment, any giveaways iw watercooled stickers.

DubSteve
14-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I like the way this is going:) If we could get a little area and put a few cars in there dress the area up heaps good.

Also in house lazer lights, fireworks and models spitting out fire:D

I think with a little positoning and a banner or two we would be fine:)