PDA

View Full Version : A cranking noise when turning a full left turn...

akanian
06-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can shed some light as to what problem I might be having...

We picked up our new Jetta 147TSI Highline in January this year and have been smooth sailing for a while now... but in the past few weeks, I've noticed a pretty obvious cranking noise (around the middle of car, axle maybe?) when turning a full left (steering wheel at almost full turn)... this is even more noticeable and loud when turning up a left ramp (such as a driveway or going up a ramp in a shopping centre)...

I know the car is under warranty, but I just want to check with you gurus here what the problem might be before I take it in for a full check...

Many thanks in advance!

Silvertfox
06-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a CV joint problem. You should have it checked if it's still under warranty.

Kojmeister
18-09-2012, 02:32 AM
Not sure whether you have resolved this through your dealers but this issue could originate from the front suspension ?

Knowing that your car is brand new, another possibility is that It is not uncommon for dealers to forget to take the protective packing or covers or similar located at the under carriage (when they transport vehicles around the world). That could possibly be causing these weird noises ?