PDA

View Full Version : Changes to MY12.5 Amarok

dubstyle
02-08-2012, 05:21 PM
The MY12.5 Amarok was officially released today and unlike many half year updates, this one has actually had quite a few changes.

I grabbed a book from my local dealer and thought I would point out some of the changes.

I guess the biggest change is that there is now a single cab (available with a tub, factory tray or chassis to build your own)

8 Speed Automatic now available across the range in the dual cab. (About time)

Lockable tailgate, multifunction leather steering wheel, and BLUETOOTH now standard in trendline, highline and ultimate.

Rear parking sensors, stainless side steps and sports bar, Standard on Highline.

I guess the only thing that was not expected is the Highline now has 17in wheels instead of the 18in Durbans. I guess its easier to get mud tyres for 17's than 18's.

Over all I think VW are finally coming to the party with good pricing and 21st century features like bluetooth and audio streaming to compete with the rest of the market.

Now I've got to convince my mrs that I need a new one.

phantomcamel
04-08-2012, 11:40 PM
MF steering wheel with Bluetooth is standard across ALL 4X4s!

dubstyle
06-08-2012, 06:01 PM
MF steering wheel with Bluetooth is standard across ALL 4X4s!

My sources tell me that it is optional in the entry Amarok, and standard in Trendline, Highline and Ultimate. Can you confirm?

phantomcamel
07-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Optional in 4x2