PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Newbie here lusting after a Scirocco

Dubluv
27-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Hi. I thought I should do the right thing and introduce myself. I have been drooling over the Scirocco for some time now and thought I would sign up here to see what you all think of yours before placing an order. I've still got I've up my sleeve so am in no rush. Friends and family think I'm crazy for considering it (they dont think it's a girls car), but what can I say? Feel free to stop by and say hi. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

team_v
27-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Welcome to the forums.
I know of a green scirocco with white wheels that is driven by a female in Brissie.

Hope we can get you out to some of our events and into a scirocco.

I used Highway VW for my purchase and would reccomend them.
Andrew Jacques was my dealer assistant.

MR K
27-07-2012, 08:10 AM
You"ll be surprise how many female scirocco drivers there are. I know of 2 in New Farm here in Brisbane alone. Some are already modified ��. As for dealers, Highway VW was where we ended up after we pull the plug from Norris eventhough I bought my Golf R frm them. Zac Burke looked after us well. Actually, as dealers go, they were much better than Norris and Austral. Good luck!!

team_v
27-07-2012, 08:40 AM
You"ll be surprise how many female scirocco drivers there are. I know of 2 in New Farm here in Brisbane alone. Some are already modified ��. As for dealers, Highway VW was where we ended up after we pull the plug from Norris eventhough I bought my Golf R frm them. Zac Burke looked after us well. Actually, as dealers go, they were much better than Norris and Austral. Good luck!!

Definitely do not go to Austral!

RoccoR
27-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Great car!! I bought mine in late jan and picked it up beginning of this month. I can't stop driving it. Love it.

Dan86
27-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Hey Welcome to the forums.

First of all. Pssh, I wouldn't listen to your friends.

What do they consider a 'girls' car? A Mazda 3 or something? How boring.

The Scirocco's are sexy as hell + girl driver = 2x as sexy. That's just my 2c on the matter anyway.

she_dub
27-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum

I'm a girl who drives a modified Scirocco and I have to say it's my most favorite car I've ever owned, and most of my cars have come from VAG.

I love it, wouldn't change it for the world :)

mr gee
27-07-2012, 04:25 PM
My wife dislike mine. Too hard on suspension, noisy etc. She prefers her own TT

Phrix
27-07-2012, 04:38 PM
We have recently purchased one and my girlfriend drives it as her work car. She loves it. I get to enjoy it on a weekend when I give up driving the Ute around.

IainBest
28-07-2012, 11:10 AM
My wife loves driving our Scirocco.

Dubluv
29-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. It's great to hear that I'm not the only female who appreciates this beautiful piece of engineering :cool:

Silver dub
29-07-2012, 06:37 PM
My fiancee's drives ours as her daily driver and she loves it.

Only complaints i get out of her is that it needs to be louder......lol.

Keep On Rocc'in
29-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Welcome to vwwatercooled. As with the purchase of any car take one for a drive, if you like it, if you can afford it, if you really want it, then buy it. You are the one that will be driving it so what others think is irrelevant. I am sure everyone here will tell you the Scirocco is simply awesome, and it is and you will not regret buying it.