PDA

View Full Version : B7 Passat Amateur coding... Any Tips?

FSI 220
26-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Howdy

Been attempting some amateur coding during my evenings… it is a borrowed cable, so time is tight, learning curve steep… what I wanted to achieve was…

True coming home (lights just on, not having to flick the lever)…
Needle sweep
Teardrop
Roof closing (the main aim was this)
Whatever else…

True coming home was achieved… one out of four

Needle sweep, I followed the instructions out in the web, selected “staging” in adaptation, got a “module not installed” type error – is there another way? It is an MY12 b7 highline Passat (I know it is not the colour, but you would think it would have a fairly high order cluster)

Teardrop , I found and ticked this, works with a rear wiper sweep a few seconds after a squirt … two out of four...

Roof closing I have spent many nights working on this… My modules are completely different to what is published on the net (they have the RLS, then everything else is in the BCM)… My BCM only seems to have the back half of the Central Convenience all the Comfort closing stuff in My car is in the first bunch of bytes of the Central convenience …. I have ticked and checked all the obvious items… The correct checkbox has appeared in the MFD, but it is just not doing it… is there something I may have missed (A Tip for young players?)

I had also read in some US forum that using the Saudi Arabian instrument setting was good as the seatbelt chime was not as annoying… Don’t do it! The seatbelt chime is different annoying but is active the moment the key is in the ignition rather than driving off, may be an improvement to US spec, but not Aus spec…. Also, the instruments in my car were set up as rest of the world, even though an “Australia” exists… ?

Any other easy wins before I have to give this cable back? It is a good thing, will probably get one later...

cru22z
26-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Are you able to set my true coming home?
Happy to come to you where ever you are.
Thanks

FSI 220
27-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Are you able to set my true coming home?
Happy to come to you where ever you are.
Thanks

Hi Cru22z I need to see if i can keep the cable a little bit longer...

I can confirm that the Saudi Arabian instrument settings puts the Yellow overspeed warning at 120 km per hour ( I tried it thinking I could selectively manage that by the MFD and get the yellow, but it is hard coded)... that is not a miss print, the top of the White MDF does yellow as well... but I cant handle the seatbelt warnings...

I also tried the Skoda Superb equalisation, just seemed to drive more bass which i had to unwind to make sound the way I like it... as i need to give this thing back I have reverted it as it was.

If any one can help with the Roof thang, I have half an hour left with the cable tonight... (i have tried golf 5 & 6 and passat CC methods, so I have searched.... I must be missing something obvious!)

Cheers

John

cru22z
27-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi Cru22z I need to see if i can keep the cable a little bit longer...

John

Hi John,
Thanks. Let me know when is a good time. Cheers

booba
28-08-2012, 11:37 PM
"staging" is only available on certain clusters, mainly R line equivalent clusters.