PDA

View Full Version : Engine mount insert

RoccOwner
24-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Anyone have one of these ? What duro and what are your impressions ? Thanks.

Looking into getting a 65 duro insert.

jwlc
24-07-2012, 10:06 PM

I was also looking into this... May i ask if installing the mount will result in a noticeable improvement.

Also, will this void any parts of the warranty?

Cheers.

RoccOwner
25-07-2012, 08:27 AM
On a previous car (Mazda 3 Mps) had the 90 duro and was too harsh , 75 was ok.

Rev 555
25-07-2012, 11:26 AM

Depends on the extend of your mods or what your end plan is. I am running 75 Duro and it has almost eliminated all axle tramping unless the roads are really bad and uneven and I floor it. You need to drive the car a little bit differently once you have started modding the engine with more KWasps as you cannot eliminate axle tramping completely. Regardless though you will still get vibrations on cold starts and idle and slight increase in NVH. The higher the duro the worse it gets...but that is the compromise for extra grunt.

gtimonkey
26-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Hi

I had one on my polo gti and on that car it made a massive improvement- bear in mind that the stock one was pretty much the same thing they put on all polos and was never meant for 150 odd kW. Not sure which number duro it was I got it from APR and it was the street version. The cost was more vibration particularly when the A/C was on.

The other big improvement on the axel tramp in the polo world was the control arm bushes. Again these were ridiculously inadequate hollow rubber things and universal across all polos.

Not sure if I would go this way with my Scirocco part of the reason I upgraded was for the civilised feel - it drives like a limo in comparison to a polo gti on Bilsteins and lowered H&R springs. I laugh when I read reviews saying that the suspension is too hard in the Scirocco.