PDA

View Full Version : Mudflaps for Superb sedan

2012superb125tdi
23-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi, has anyone bought mudflaps for their Superb? If so, where did you buy them from, cost, and any pictures? I bought some off eBay and when they arrived they were the wrong ones.

2009fsi
28-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I've bought & fitted front & rear mudflaps to my Superb about 3 months ago, 2012superb125tdi.

I bought them through Peter Warren Skoda's parts section, (Liverpool NSW). The price was $65.05 including GST. They fitted easily & perfectly. You can fit them without removing any wheels, most of the holes are there already; two are needed for the inside bottom holes, which is easy into the plastic panel using a cordless drill. The Allen key in the toolkit fits the heads. Took me about 15 minutes.

I don't know what spares are like in WA, but here in the Sydney area, I found no dealer keeps spares & rely on fast delivery from VAG/Skoda HQ & warehouse in Chullora, which is pretty central geographically in Sydney. One thing I have found is there is no garauntee of conformity in supply prices between the 3 Skoda dealers, which are about equidistant from me. A couple of them think I must be captive & the prices they quote can be 30-40% higher than another dealer. Given you bought over the internet, I suspect you've had a look at the Skoda factory prices on offer in UK & Europe. The one thing that would make me stop & think about buying another Skoda is the sheer bloody minded exploititive pricing policy of Volkwagen Australia Group. I know I paid double what their price is for spare 18" Thermisto alloy wheel, compared with the online sale price advertised in Europe by Skoda itself. Looking further, the same applies to things like windscreen wipers, & other consumables. In my opinion it is pretty stupid by VAG/Skoda, because they are yet to properly establish the brand & a market in Australia & I know dealers selling alternate cars already highlight the high spares & service prices VAG have adopted in Australia. Personaly, I think there is a case for ACCC to put VAG's pricing policy in Australia under the microscope. They are definitely a rip off compared to what they charge in other markets & I suspect they've delibarately chosen not to pass on anything to the customer as a result of the depreciation of the Euro against the A$, probably since it passed about US70c.

Sprightlybob
17-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I bought a set on eBay for $20 including postage. They were sourced from China and fitted my Superb without a hole being drilled. They are of a firm type plastic material with the Skoda emblem in white. The only associated drama was the Chin seller emailing me saying that I had "hit"the buy button twice meaning he h ad to pay eBay two commissions. I have no idea how that could have happened but as I am an eBay novice, I pleaded guilty.

Elektron
28-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I bought them through Peter Warren Skoda's parts section, (Liverpool NSW). The price was $65.05 including GST. They fitted easily & perfectly. You can fit them without removing any wheels, most of the holes are there already; two are needed for the inside bottom holes, which is easy into the plastic panel using a cordless drill. The Allen key in the toolkit fits the heads. Took me about 15 minutes.

I've bought these too. They enhance the look of the car IMHO. Just a note about the drilling.

The mud flaps themselves don't need to be drilled. There's one hole that needs to be drilled in the plastic panel of the wheel arch on the front only.
The packaging instructs for a 7.5mm drill to be used but my standard set only included a 6mm and a 8mm drill bit. I used the 6mm and slightly and carefully moved the drill around to enlarge the hole a little. There's a plug, provided, which secures the mud flap at this point. You will need to hammer it in flush, I presume this is easier if a 7.5mm drill bit was used.