PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting the DSG monte ?

Pomie
23-07-2012, 09:08 PM
after our recent Fabia test drives and us wanting the dsg monte rather than the manual ( and nit wanting to shell out 30k on the vrs ) both dealers we a little sketchy with dates on the arrival of the fabias with the dsg transmission
we thought go to the top we emailed skoda direct via there website at the info@skoda.com.au asking when the skoda monte with dsg would be arriving and got this reply

Thank you for your email.

At this stage we have no confirmed plans to bring the Fabia Monte Carlo
with DSG transmission into Australia. We have noted your interest in the
vehicle and have passed this onto the relevant department. Please keep
checking Volkswagen Australia (http://www.volkswagen.com.au) for the latest updates on our current and
future model range

Kind Regards

Martin Kraus

Customer Care Representative
Volkswagen Group Australia

what do i do now, I hope this is someone not knowing whats going on, but this dont look good as he is a Rep for the vw group ???thought skoda might have there own Rep, and skodas own australian director Matthew Wiesner was quoted saying in jan this year that after the yeti "The arrival of that model in March will be followed in May by three new Fabia variations – the Fabia Monte Carlo with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, the hot Fabia RS – powered by VW's 132TSI petrol engine with the seven-speed DSG transmission – and the Fabia wagon, in petrol 77TSI guise with a choice of manual of DSG automatic transmission."

or do i take it as a sign to get the vrs ...lol

Jake02
23-07-2012, 09:32 PM
The Fabia Monte Carlo is listed as available as a DSG in the MY13 brochure ( http://skoda.com.au/downloads/brochures/fabia-brochure.pdf ) so I'd imagine it's definitely available as a DSG. I've noticed that the Swing radio is now standard equipment (which means Bluetooth streaming) and you can get the cabin in the light grey colour. The brochure has been updated with the wagon too.

Honestly Pomie, I say get an RS. A Monte DSG (because it's not in run out) is likely to cost almost as much as an RS and the RS comes with more equipment (like the cornering headlamps, LED running lights, climate control, bigger wheels, climate control and not to mention almost twice the power) too, plus the RS is available now! I'd love a Monte wagon if one were to exist though :).

VAG newbie
24-07-2012, 11:35 AM
after our recent Fabia test drives and us wanting the dsg monte rather than the manual ( and nit wanting to shell out 30k on the vrs ) both dealers we a little sketchy with dates on the arrival of the fabias with the dsg transmission
we thought go to the top we emailed skoda direct via there website at the info@skoda.com.au asking when the skoda monte with dsg would be arriving and got this reply

Thank you for your email.

At this stage we have no confirmed plans to bring the Fabia Monte Carlo
with DSG transmission into Australia. We have noted your interest in the
vehicle and have passed this onto the relevant department. Please keep
checking Volkswagen Australia (http://www.volkswagen.com.au) for the latest updates on our current and
future model range

Kind Regards

Martin Kraus

Customer Care Representative
Volkswagen Group Australia

In my experience, writing email to Skoda/VW Aus is a waste of time. They probably hire some high schoolers at $5/hr to reply emails. They don't even know what's on their website.

I requested a borchure for the Superb in 2010, they sent me an old brochure of the MY09 model (which is not bad, as it allows me to compare what upgrade we had. It is a classic collection now!). I checked the online brochure which is of the MY10. I was confused whether Superb Elegance comes with leather and GPS as standard or not, because i had 2 versions of the brochure. I asked them this simple question, and I pretty much got the same templated email as you. ie. nothing confirmed!

I would trust the online brochure.

But then again, there must be a good reason that DSG is not available yet. I personally think it is because of the high demand that the factory can't pump out on time. It can't be due to ADR issues as the vRS has DSG now, so it must comply with ADR. I know in Taiwan, the Fabia 1.2 is so popular that almost everyone is on waiting list. Even their dealers don't know when the next shipment will arrive.

dArK5HaD0w
24-07-2012, 09:23 PM
what do i do now, I hope this is someone not knowing whats going on, but this dont look good as he is a Rep for the vw group ???thought skoda might have there own Rep

i've said it many times before in various other threads.......
skoda oz doesn't have the final say on wat models r sold here in oz. vw oz decides that, including the pricing.
skoda oz doesn't have its own warranty/service in oz. vw oz does it all.
skoda oz doesn't even own its own website skoda.com.au. its managed/maintained by vw oz.

that said, don't b surprised that a vw rep answers ur questions & decides wat is best for skoda.