PDA

View Full Version : Wakefield Park - Track Days

The_Hawk
06-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I have been looking at going to Wakefield for one of their track days. I have been along as a spectator before and have been wanting to have a bash myself for a long while but just couldn't bring myself to take the Mk1 GLD round the track :P

Now, with the VR6, I'm pretty keen to give it a bash :D

From what I can see Wakefield run lots of "Open Practice/Speed off the Street - Cars Only" events all the time.

I was also thinking that it may be better to go on a weekday rather than a weekend in the hopes that there would be less other people there, meaning that you get more of a bash round the track.

Costs are listed on their site, but here is an extract:

SPEED OFF THE STREET DAYS

* Drive your own street car $100.00 per day or road bike $110 per day (week days)
* Wakefield Park licence $50.00 (annually)
* Helmet hire available for $20 per day with a $50 Deposit

Now for the whole point of this post, would anyone else be interested in doing something like this on a weekday?

(an alternative maybe have a sanctioned event booked by VWW, which of course will take much more effort and planning)

Comments? Suggestions?

Wakefield Webpage: http://www.wakefieldpark.com

static1800
06-08-2007, 02:05 PM
would try and do it on a weekend or you may be hard pressed to get much interest. I would be keen i reckon, depends when it is, would prefer to have my 16v in for it though ;)

The_Hawk
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
If an official event was organised and booked for a weekend it would be better, since you then control who gets to race. Otherwise your at the mercy of whoever turns up on the day. Especially on a weekend.

Would hate to see a pile of people turn up on the same day that two other groups have the same idea. Different when a couple of guys cruise out there for fun only to see too many people and turn back round.

The weekday idea is more about less people being there. I'm sure given enough notice most of us could organise a day off for fun :D

static1800
06-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Can't see me getting a day off to go racing :D

Golf Loon
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I`d be keen, even on a weekday, but I dont have a fast enough car atm.

Ibeezer would be in as well.

Bug_racer
06-08-2007, 07:15 PM
me neither . I guess its Seat Ibiza gti ftw

Mrs_Bugracer
06-08-2007, 07:28 PM
me neither . I guess its Seat Ibiza gti ftw

Awww I will let you borrow the S3...;)

static1800
07-08-2007, 08:20 AM

take the mk1:?

FL00DY
08-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Track Bookings

* Weekdays $2,050 per day
* Saturdays $3,600
* Sundays $3,800 (and public holidays)
* Insurance cover is mandatory where the track booking sub-books others onto the circuit. (Please call for more information - speak to Garry Willmington directly)

NOTE : There are mandatory requirements if timing is used (please call for more information)

Options on Standby

* Ambulance $495 per day
* Water Truck $165 per day
* Control Tower $150 per day
* Tower Timing Room $55 per day
* Tower VIP Room $55 per day
* Fire Extinguishers $11 each per day + recharge $99
* Crash Rescue Vehicle $330 per day
* Fire Rescue Vehicle $66 per Day
* Recovery Vehicle $165 per Day
* Or Recovery per Tow $33
* Wood Flour & Brooms $16.50 per set
* Witches Hats $2.20 each per day
* Overnight Security Guard $33 per hour
* Flags (per set) $11 per day
* Tilt Tray Recovery $200 per dayWeekend hire of Wakey is REALLY expensive, and some may find that taking a day off (if you can) is better then paying for a weekend hire.

I have one booked for late August with some MINI mates and we have limited it to 19 people, reason being is because over that and there are mandatory extra's such as Ambo. We always book weekdays and give everyone 2-3 months notice to get the day off. At 19 people it works out to be $150 per car, most of us already have Wakefield licenses and helmets, so it's just the $150 and petrol.

The No speed limit days are great value. However as The_Hawk says, you may turn up and find too many people to get decent track time. I've turned up and had lots of track time and was happy to leave bout 2-3pm.