PDA

View Full Version : New CC's in stock tomorrow.....

Shoota
12-07-2012, 08:53 PM
If anyones is interested they'll be in our dealership tomorrow afternoon.
We should have a TDI (Icelandic Grey with Park Assist and Sunroof) and V6 (Black with Park Assist and Sunroof).
I'm not here to advertise so if anyone wants to know, PM me for specifics.

wandersen
13-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I'd like to know if they actually have KESSEY keyless entry. Some articles indicate they do, others don't say.

Shoota
13-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Yep. Keyless entry, keyless start.
The foot swipe to open the boot is pretty cool.
We ended up just getting the diesel (Silver not Icelandic) and they look awesome! Bloody nice car.
A lot more modern with the "sharpening"of the front end.

booba
14-07-2012, 09:30 AM
wish the keyless entry would be an option on the other passats.

Shoota
14-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Tell me about it!
Presumably will be down the track. MY14 will be the soonest as MY13 is already out. VW do sometimes randomly throw in changes without notifying anyone such as the Climate Control fascia change late last year. We'd delivered a few of them before VW Aust even knew about the change! Good communication.....

booba
14-07-2012, 03:35 PM
my only two wishes for the car that i should get in november were kessy and premium cluster.. i can fit premium cluster no worries but kessy would be a big job.. not a dealbreaker but would be a nice to have.

Buzy_Robot
15-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Very, very nice indeed - would seriously consider trading in my B7 125TDI Passat for one of these beauties! Have to wait until June next year though. Trading in or selling a one year old car with only 11,0000ks would be nuts!

seppo
27-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Any news on whether Australia will get R Line CC like in USA and Europe?

Volkswagen CC R-Line Revealed For European Market | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications (http://www.themotorreport.com.au/54222/volkswagen-cc-r-line-hits-europe)

GippsCC
01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Any news on whether Australia will get R Line CC like in USA and Europe?

Volkswagen CC R-Line Revealed For European Market | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications (http://www.themotorreport.com.au/54222/volkswagen-cc-r-line-hits-europe)

Strongly doubt it, the main reason for the model differences between the European and American market models is the different production sites (Emden for non-Americas; Mexico for Americas), so range variations are very specific to local markets. Personally, I'd rather a German built CC over one assembled in Mexico any day - I hear Mexico's build quality is less than excellent.

The European R line version unlikely to make it here either given numbers likely to be too low to justify RHD version. As I understand it, it's the TDI that outstrips by 5:1 the V6 by sales (given the unfavourable stamp duty on V6 here in Vic, it's understandable).

phaeton
03-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Strongly doubt it, the main reason for the model differences between the European and American market models is the different production sites (Emden for non-Americas; Mexico for Americas), so range variations are very specific to local markets. Personally, I'd rather a German built CC over one assembled in Mexico any day - I hear Mexico's build quality is less than excellent.

The European R line version unlikely to make it here either given numbers likely to be too low to justify RHD version. As I understand it, it's the TDI that outstrips by 5:1 the V6 by sales (given the unfavourable stamp duty on V6 here in Vic, it's understandable).

All CC's are made in Emden for Global consumption with the exception of China which makes the pre-facelift model for Chinese consumption only.

I have a Mexican made VW thankyou and it was made very well.
VW Mexican plant actually produced the most number of vehicles in North America last year with over 500K+ units.
FYI Jetta, Golf Wagon and Beetle are made in Mexico ;)

VW currently in the UK are selling R-Line versions of the Polo, Scirocco & Tiguan so they're definitely testing RHD markets.
Whether VGA could justify selling R-Line here is another story.

GippsCC
03-12-2012, 09:50 PM
All CC's are made in Emden for Global consumption with the exception of China which makes the pre-facelift model for Chinese consumption only.

I have a Mexican made VW thankyou and it was made very well.
VW Mexican plant actually produced the most number of vehicles in North America last year with over 500K+ units.
FYI Jetta, Golf Wagon and Beetle are made in Mexico ;)

VW currently in the UK are selling R-Line versions of the Polo, Scirocco & Tiguan so they're definitely testing RHD markets.
Whether VGA could justify selling R-Line here is another story.

I stand corrected on Mexico being a source of Volkswagen CC, damm you Wikipedia! :-)

As for Mexico build quality, I only note that there exists debate on this and other VW forums about said build quality - such as strange smell from some Mexico builds, etc. Personally I feel more confident in quality control in plants in Volkswagen's home country than its outlying plants, but its just my personal opinion (although my South African Golf doesn't seem to have suffered from its non-German build).

I stick with my assessment VGA unlikely to bring RHD version of CC in R-line to Oz based on the decidedly skewed figures on current TDI / V6 CC sales. If V6 sales were higher, I'd say they'd risk it, but as they aren't there just isn't enough demand (especially as there are good alternatives for performance models in Volkswagen's Australian offerings). If VGA decide to bring a R-Line version out from those listed by phaeton, it's most likely to be the Scirocco as I doubt there is enough demand in Polo (price likely to be too high) and Tiguan (slight segment mismatch) here. Just my opinion, and as I'm not VGA's CEO, it's open for everyone to put in their best guess as to what he might do.

phaeton
04-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I stand corrected on Mexico being a source of Volkswagen CC, damm you Wikipedia! :-)

As for Mexico build quality, I only note that there exists debate on this and other VW forums about said build quality - such as strange smell from some Mexico builds, etc. Personally I feel more confident in quality control in plants in Volkswagen's home country than its outlying plants, but its just my personal opinion (although my South African Golf doesn't seem to have suffered from its non-German build).

I stick with my assessment VGA unlikely to bring RHD version of CC in R-line to Oz based on the decidedly skewed figures on current TDI / V6 CC sales. If V6 sales were higher, I'd say they'd risk it, but as they aren't there just isn't enough demand (especially as there are good alternatives for performance models in Volkswagen's Australian offerings). If VGA decide to bring a R-Line version out from those listed by phaeton, it's most likely to be the Scirocco as I doubt there is enough demand in Polo (price likely to be too high) and Tiguan (slight segment mismatch) here. Just my opinion, and as I'm not VGA's CEO, it's open for everyone to put in their best guess as to what he might do.

OT Its funny, the South African build of Mum's Golf had had lots of issues but my Jetta is fine not a hassle, I don't put it to the final manufacturing site, I put it to the country that did make the parts that failed.

I agree CC R-Line may not make it here but who knows towards end of product life to boost numbers they may sell it here.

GippsCC
04-12-2012, 07:00 PM
OT Its funny, the South African build of Mum's Golf had had lots of issues but my Jetta is fine not a hassle, I don't put it to the final manufacturing site, I put it to the country that did make the parts that failed.

I agree CC R-Line may not make it here but who knows towards end of product life to boost numbers they may sell it here.

I'm still surprised that some people say they've had problems with their DSG, it's never had an issue on my Golf - indeed the diesel engine and DSG has been a match made in heaven in terms of my personal experience, so it may well be that the luck of the draw (from parts inventory perhaps) rather than anything else that is statistically significant.

The only guys who will have all the stats will be Volkswagen itself, and I doubt they'll share :-)

I know that consumer surveys currently have Kia and Hyundai as leaders on reliability, but Volkswagen can't be all that behind, and I expect that it's something that they continue to strive to close the gap. And as long as my CC I'm waiting on is reliable as my Golf has been, I'll be a very happy man indeed.