PDA

View Full Version : Wiper blades

RoccOwner
12-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Ive heard and read about the stock Scirocco r wiper blades squeaking and shuddering...just want to find out if it happens to you and what you did about it?

I don't believe we should fork out a cent to fix this. I'm picking up my scirocco r in a couple of days and I raised it with my sales man . He informed me he has never heard of this problem....I'm confused. Please chime in with your wiper blade experience. Thanks guys !

gtimonkey
12-07-2012, 11:32 PM
The wipers work fine. I have had mine for a few weeks and it has done nothing but rain here in Brisbane.

Worse comes to worse it is a trip to supercheap $20 for a fresh set in the scheme of a rocco it is hardly a deal breaker.

Transporter
13-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Ive heard and read about the stock Scirocco r wiper blades squeaking and shuddering...just want to find out if it happens to you and what you did about it?

I don't believe we should fork out a cent to fix this. I'm picking up my scirocco r in a couple of days and I raised it with my sales man . He informed me he has never heard of this problem....I'm confused. Please chime in with your wiper blade experience. Thanks guys !

Have a bit of faith in the car you are buying and just enjoy it. :)

RoccOwner
13-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Have a bit of faith in the car you are buying and just enjoy it. :)

Yup, first order of business will be an apr stage 1 with a carbonio intake :)

RoccoR
13-07-2012, 08:29 AM
No point finding flaws in the car before you've even driven it. (although I have heard of this issue. In fact it happened to me so i just bought a set of Bosch aero twin blades and they work a treat!)
You never know. You might be lucky and not come across this issue in yours.

mr gee
13-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Happened to me as well. tried cleaning and re-aligning the arm to no avail. fixed with a new set of Bosch blades.

RoccOwner
13-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Happened to me as well. tried cleaning and re-aligning the arm to no avail. fixed with a new set of Bosch blades.

Did you have to pay for these, or did the dealer sort it out for you ?

shanelord
13-07-2012, 01:53 PM
I picked up Bosch blades from eBay. I paid for them myself and will complain to the dealer at my next service.

--
Shane.

mr gee
13-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Did you have to pay for these, or did the dealer sort it out for you ?

Bought off ebay when I had my golf but read elsewhere some complainants had their blades replaced by VW dealers (too late for me too)

Car Nut
16-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem with my wiper blades and have bought a set of Boschs which fixes the problem completely.

However, I would like to share my experience when I brought this to the attention of my dealer, Barloworld Mascot and VWA.

Acccording to the service manager, the original blades works perfectly. He demonstrated by using the wipers whilst spraying the windscreen with the washer fluid! And he said that I have to use the washer fluid even in the rain. He also refused to replace them as the new blades will also have to be used with the washer fluid.

I tried to raise this issue with VW Australia on their website's contact email address. The reply was that they only handle customer care issues and technical ones have to be referred back to the dealer.

I am surprised and disappointed with both dealer and parent company. It is only a small issue but they have refused to acknowledge it and I shall certainly keep this experience in mind the next time I change cars. This is my third VW but whilst I am happy with it I am not so impressed with the service dept. experience for all 3 cars.

RoccoR
16-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Amen to that!! I totally agree. How can a company like VW dismiss such plaguing issue. This also goes for the bonnet and the alignment problems with this. What's going on!! This too is my 3rd VW and all I can say is that I'm super happy with the car however very disappointed with the dealerships and most importantly with the Brand.

RoccOwner
17-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem with my wiper blades and have bought a set of Boschs which fixes the problem completely.

However, I would like to share my experience when I brought this to the attention of my dealer, Barloworld Mascot and VWA.

Acccording to the service manager, the original blades works perfectly. He demonstrated by using the wipers whilst spraying the windscreen with the washer fluid! And he said that I have to use the washer fluid even in the rain. He also refused to replace them as the new blades will also have to be used with the washer fluid.

I tried to raise this issue with VW Australia on their website's contact email address. The reply was that they only handle customer care issues and technical ones have to be referred back to the dealer.

I am surprised and disappointed with both dealer and parent company. It is only a small issue but they have refused to acknowledge it and I shall certainly keep this experience in mind the next time I change cars. This is my third VW but whilst I am happy with it I am not so impressed with the service dept. experience for all 3 cars.

That's unfortunate, were you able to try another dealer ?

Car Nut
17-07-2012, 11:00 AM
No, did not try another dealer as I have replaced the original set with the Bosch blades.

The issue is that VW is well aware that they have a problem with faulty blades on the Scirocco but will not fix it let alone acknowledge that there is a problem!

ozr
17-07-2012, 02:16 PM
A small issue but one that leaves a foul taste in ones mouth
Big fish in little ponds fall out of touch with their food source and wonder why they starve in tight times.

Valver.
06-08-2012, 03:19 PM
You can buy blades directly from Bosch Australia...

Car & Auto Parts Online - Bosch Auto Shop (http://au.bosch-automotive-shop.com)

ian
06-08-2012, 04:45 PM
The Australian Bosch ones are $58.98 i bought mine from the UK for $26.00

Valver.
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
The Australian Bosch ones are $58.98 i bought mine from the UK for $26.00

That's very cheap... I assume that's not $26 landed? The local price includes freight and arrives in a couple days :)

Keep On Rocc'in
07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
mmm, not entirely sure what the problem is here, my wipers have not had any issues so far.

Silvertfox
07-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Had my UG R for a while now an no probs with the wipers. I normally apply some Rainex to avoid having the wipers on at all but so far it's not been required even during the last few wet months here in Brisbane.

mr gee
07-08-2012, 08:07 PM
It could be down to dealer prep. Some of us may have had some crap off the windshield causing the blades to judder.

RW1
08-08-2012, 08:57 AM
As far as I know, the windscreen wiper problem has never been formally resolved. There is a TPI, 2013403/9 dated Dec 2009 but this does not address the Scirocco owner's experiences.

There appear to be 4 versions of the infamous smear.

1. Waxes and polishes, particularly nano type. The TPI refers to this problem only.
(Fix: Clean windscreen with Window Cleaner - part no. G 052 184 A2).

2. Deformed windscreen areas leading to shallow depressions which the wiper skips over.
(Fix: New windscreen)

3. Minute droplets of windscreen adhesive on the windscreen surface left during production assembly which gradually spread to ultra thin patches about 25cm - 40cm across.
(Fix: Remove adhesive patch ( polyurethane based)).

4. The Scirocco's plastic wiper carrier of the blade assembly which holds the wiper rubber itself collapses in the central portion under the downward force of the wiper arm, slightly squoshing the wiper rubber. This can be checked by bringing the arms upto the vertical service position and check the plastic carrier runs parallel to the windscreen at about a 6mm constant height above the windscreen surface. Measurement is not critical, constant height is.
(Fix: Fit Mk6 Jetta wipers part no. 5K2 955 426 (Driver side)/5K2 955 425 (Passenger side) which can be done as warranty items, VW (UK) used this after discussions with VW Germany. Or pay for your own, aka Bosch equivalents.)

I had 3 & 4 problems above. Had the Jetta wipers option on for 2.5 years now and not looked back.

Car Nut
08-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks, RW1. I must say that I had applied a Nanolex glass sealant before first using the wipers but the Bosch's replacements works fine. I reapplied the sealant a couple of days ago and shall see if there is any problems the next time it rains.

robbierednapped
05-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks, RW1. I must say that I had applied a Nanolex glass sealant before first using the wipers but the Bosch's replacements works fine. I reapplied the sealant a couple of days ago and shall see if there is any problems the next time it rains.

Please let me know how it went.

i had the same problem, got paint protection at Reflect effect, he must applied sealant on the glass, wiper blades squeaking and shuddering when i turned it on last week. havent use the wipers before that, so not sure its the sealant or the wiper, but definately annoying.

Car Nut
07-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Please let me know how it went.

i had the same problem, got paint protection at Reflect effect, he must applied sealant on the glass, wiper blades squeaking and shuddering when i turned it on last week. havent use the wipers before that, so not sure its the sealant or the wiper, but definately annoying.

Hi,robbierednapped ,

No problems with the Bosch blades at all. Just works fine even after applying sealant. Highly recommended. The standard blades are just rubbish!

robbierednapped
13-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi,robbierednapped ,

No problems with the Bosch blades at all. Just works fine even after applying sealant. Highly recommended. The standard blades are just rubbish!

Thanks Cat Nut.
Will keep that in mind, lets see what happens next time it rains.

EuroR
17-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Barloworld hey? To me the worst dealership in Sydney...

kazsiddique
17-02-2013, 12:49 PM
and in melbourne too, try epping they are great :)

EuroR
17-02-2013, 02:52 PM
and in melbourne too, try epping they are great :)

So far the best I found was the Liverpool one. Staff was nice and did a good job ;) I visited 5 dealership before I could tell I was happy with one!

Taz_
19-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Has anyone had an issue where the drivers side wiper is moving past the edge of the windscreen a fraction too much and touching the paint?

Mine is doing this. I've adjusted the arm (remove and replace it a bit lower on the arm base) but it seems to come back after a while.

EuroR
10-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Has anyone had an issue where the drivers side wiper is moving past the edge of the windscreen a fraction too much and touching the paint?

Mine is doing this. I've adjusted the arm (remove and replace it a bit lower on the arm base) but it seems to come back after a while.

Had that happening at the very beginning but it s fine now. Btw been to dealership this weekend about noisy whiper, front and rear!
They know about but will not do anything for it... Not happy!! I ll have to chase a bosh set as it is very irritating.
I was wondering if the standard one was actually made by bosh?