PDA

View Full Version : passat undertray

BL33SU
05-08-2007, 01:34 PM
do you really need the undertray?? mine got ripped off last nite becoz it hangs too low and screws r missing

sci_fianime
06-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Seem to remember there was some discussion on Passatworld on this. U can try doing a search there....

My understanding is the tray helps in protecting some of the more vulnerable parts of the engine such as the wires and hoses from damage. As an added benefit, it also helps in smoothening the airflow under the car...

gpk_gti
06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
hehe,,I lost mine some where on the last cruise !!! dont aerodynamics start working above 120kmh??? :?

Bug_racer
06-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Aerodynamics work on a car as soon as it starts moving

hehe,,I lost mine some where on the last cruise !!! dont aerodynamics start working above 120kmh??? :?

BL33SU
06-08-2007, 01:07 PM
the thing is, if i was to buy another 1, it would come off again as the hangers that hold the back of the tray scrape on driveways and staff always.. so my old tray is all stuck together with ducktape.

sci_fianime
06-08-2007, 01:41 PM

j: seriously though - it does not significantly affect the handling of the car but fuel consumption should suffer though...

sci_fianime
06-08-2007, 01:44 PM
the thing is, if i was to buy another 1, it would come off again as the hangers that hold the back of the tray scrape on driveways and staff always.. so my old tray is all stuck together with ducktape.

That's a bummer - have been scraping my undercarriage too but not at the hanger locations - maybe u can try to bend them up and make sure the points where they are attached to the car are tight....

BL33SU
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
yeh kool might try n bend them up abit.. but its gonna be hard coz the jacks dont jack the car up that high for me to get underneith and bend it

Sleepy
07-08-2007, 10:54 AM
there is a group buy on Passat world for all the brackets/screws/nuts and bolts u need to make it secure again...as for me well...it kept falling off so it can stay off!!!