PDA

View Full Version : Help needed re Activating terminal 58d via VCDS for LED dome lights in Tiguan

Bambazonke
08-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi all
I would really appreciate if some of you VCDS guru's could help me with which byte/bit I need to toggle in VCDS to activate power from the B12 pin (Terminal 58d) on the on board supply control unit J519 in my 2008 Tiguan Tdi. This circuit ( gray wire) supplies power to the 2 background LED's in the dome light and also where fitted, LED's mounted is some of the cigarette lighter sockets located in the centre console and the ESP switch.

I have looked at the long coding in both module 9 & 46 with no luck. I have noted in module 9 there is an 03 output test for terminal 58d but I am not sure if it refers to that specific b12 pin or another circuit b11? which is also part of the interior lighting (terminal 58d?)

If anyone can help I can send them a scan of my module codes. I understand these background lights are fitted std in golf 5 gti's
Thanks in advance

Transporter
21-07-2012, 08:22 AM
How did you go with it? Did you get it activated?

Bambazonke
04-10-2012, 12:49 PM
It was a hardware issue, the grey wire in the loom to the dome light had been purposely cut at the factory so I took a lead off the optional LED light in the front centre console cigarette lighter (also grey and on the same circuit as the dome light) and ran it up to the dome light plug and connected it all up and it works : )