PDA

View Full Version : Warning – do not use tm tuning

thezoneR32
01-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Just letting everyone know not to order anything from TMTuning as it appears they may be in trouble and you will lose your money as I just have. I ordered a $220 part from TMTuning (R32 Pedal set) and after 3 months of excuses as to why I hadn’t received it I got this reply:

“Hello Paul,

thank you for your email and apologies for any latency responding.

We thank you for your order but we must regrettably inform you that we will not be able to fill your order at this time. Due to supply changes in our market and company restructure the order shipment will be delayed longer than we would consider acceptable. Therefore, unfortunately the only thing we can suggest at this time is to look for another dealer and or shop to order the item in question - and or - return to us at a later time when the new site and product selection has been re-established.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we are sorry for the trouble, hopefully we can make it up to you next time!
Thank you again for your understanding,

TM Tuning”

No mention of refunding the $220 and no response to my multiple demands for a refund.

Of course I can’t make a paypal claim now because its outside 45 days. I guess this was bound to happen eventually given how much gear I buy from overseas. Makes me really angry.

Be Warned!

Please pass this on to any other VW, AUDi or BMW or forums in the world you might be a member of. I have posted on VWWatercooled, VWGolfnet, golfmkv.com, vwvortex and r32OC.com.

Edit:
Added to this post by Transporter (sorry for intruding, I haven't change the above text).
Please, continue the conversation in the MK5 section where the original thread was posted. http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f15/warning-%96-do-not-use-tm-tuning-73424.html#post829937

RedMk2Gti
03-07-2012, 12:33 PM
What a shame, they used to be very good. I bought a few items from them before and had no problem.
When a company is having financial difficulty, your chance of getting refund from them is very slim. I'm sorry you're one of the many victim under this situation, luckily $220 is not a lot of money.

gldgti
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Its no compensation, but you probably arent the worst burnt customer if they are going under :-(

fred27
07-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Sorry about your losing $220, but I thank you for warning all of us. Always appreciate the good people on this forum.

brimway
26-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Here is the email I received from them today, they are prolonging the agony .....

"we are doing everything possible to supply your order shipment as soon as possible. We are asking that you please be a bit more patient. Your request is not ignored or forgotten.

You will receive another update shortly.

Thank you again for your patience,
TMTuning"

brimway
01-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Finally it looks like its all over with TM Tuning. The home page of the site is down. Bye bye to hard earned cash :mad::mad:

PranK
01-08-2012, 05:09 PM
That sucks, sorry. :(

ECS splashed my cc details all over the web, so they are not an option for me anymore either. :(

JustCruisn
01-08-2012, 06:21 PM
That sucks, sorry. :(

ECS splashed my cc details all over the web, so they are not an option for me anymore either. :(
Oh. Do tell.
You mean they published your credit card number online ?

PranK
01-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh. Do tell.
You mean they published your credit card number online ?

See for yourself (https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C1CHFA_enAU486AU487&sugexp=chrome,mod=18&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=ecs+tuning+hacked).

While its impossible to prove the relation, my card was used to buy flights from heathrow airport and ~$1500 spent on a spanish website within a few weeks of this hacking. :facepalm:

ANZ were good enough to give me my money back though.

brimway
01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
I thought that ECS were very reputable?? You would expect this sort of thing to happen dealing with some 3rd world trader

h100vw
01-08-2012, 07:39 PM
I thought that ECS were very reputable?? You would expect this sort of thing to happen dealing with some 3rd world trader

They were hacked apparently, lots of card details were published on the net by the perps.

Adelaide Bank scored highly last year for me. Paid $5k of a card when I sold our house. Then 3 months later, there's 5K back on it. Pretty strange I thought, because I cut the card up and trashed the bits.

Seems like someone got the number and spent it up big in Estonia. Adelaide Bank covered the loss but I was stunned that they didn't think any of the transactions were unusual?

I spent 50 quid in Singapore airport on a UK card and within 3 minutes my mobile rang and an automated voice had me confirm the purchase. That's how it should work.

PranK
02-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Seems like someone got the number and spent it up big in Estonia. Adelaide Bank covered the loss but I was stunned that they didn't think any of the transactions were unusual?

Haha, thats what I said to ANZ - How could I be buying flights out of Heathrow when I had transactions in Sydney on the same day. Surely the 'Falcon' should pick these up? No biggie, they refunded them all. Very pleased with their handling of it in the end.

brimway
11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Surprise, surprise. I received an email from TMT with a DHL tracking number

edit: I hope others get their order too.

brimway
06-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Finally got my gear from TM Tuning today. It took 5 months, but its a happy ending.:banana:

dylan8
06-09-2012, 05:10 PM
the website has gone now?

brimway
06-09-2012, 05:25 PM
They closed their on-line shop at the end of July and the site shut down shortly after that

PranK
06-09-2012, 08:21 PM
its a happy ending.:banana:

Please tell me the happy ending doesnt involve a banana?

brimway
06-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Please tell me the happy ending doesnt involve a banana?

HA HA

When consumed as intended, bananas are good. Happy endings are also.

turboveedubb
11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Glad to hear that TMTuning has dispatched the items for you.
This might be the next draining part, from the time they gave me the DHL tracking id to when I received it, it was about 5 weeks?
The DHL + tracking they use is the equivalent of our Auspost, not the DHL express that you may be thinking of.
But it'll get to you, just gotta be patient, i mean it's been 5 months right? :)

brimway
11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Glad to hear that TMTuning has dispatched the items for you.
This might be the next draining part, from the time they gave me the DHL tracking id to when I received it, it was about 5 weeks?
The DHL + tracking they use is the equivalent of our Auspost, not the DHL express that you may be thinking of.
But it'll get to you, just gotta be patient, i mean it's been 5 months right? :)

You're right, its Deutsche Post. I have received it and they got it right. Now their emails are bouncing back, so I guess it is finally the end for TM Tuning.