PDA

View Full Version : Magna and Commodore brake conversions

golfnutracing
27-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I run a mk1 gravel rally car in WA state champ series. I have lots of bits, we use commodore calipers on 280mm magna discs, easy conversion, atm i am doing it to the rally car (tricky bit is getting it under 14" wheels!!!! almost done so i will let you know) fits fine under 15" wheels. I can give ya all the bits you need (can get them made up easily) to be copied for the commodore caliper conversion. I run camira calipers with gti vented front (235mm) discs on the back.

give me a bell on 0407 387 195. I have a workshop in o'connor
-Jamie

Golf Loon
27-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey Jamie send us a few pics of your brakes please mate.
What Magna and what Commodore.

golfnutracing
27-03-2006, 10:56 PM
DBA sell blanks for the magna (undrilled), im not sure what model, but if you grab their book and have a look, i think they are same offset, only difference is about 2mm larger ID on the centre, just get a bush made up. Commodore brakes are the same from VB through to VP, you will need different connectors for the hydraulic fitting (same one as camira conversion). I had some spacer washers, about 2.5mm that sit between the caliper and mount to get the offset right. The commodore caliper uses a larger bolt to mount, so you can get a shoulder bolt or some bushes made up

will email ya some pics later on in the week.
-Jamie

Golf Loon
27-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Nice. This tuff is Gold. Perhaps it could be in another section though Brackie?

golfnutracing
27-03-2006, 11:46 PM
I might knock up a conversion guide in the next few weeks and post it up

imported_brackie
28-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I might knock up a conversion guide in the next few weeks and post it up

If you get around to it please put into "Interesting Articles".