PDA

View Full Version : mdi quality using ipod

chrisr_aus
11-06-2012, 10:30 PM
HAve just picked up a superb elegance 125tdi. The only problem I have found so far is that the quality of sound from the ipod connected to the mdi is shocking. I have tried various configurations and searched the forums for hints, but I am down to thinking something is faulty with the mdi or cables.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Chris
my12 superb 125 tdi - platin grey wagon only 200 kilometres young

Hilnic
12-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I also have a Superb Elegance 125TDI and have also noticed poor sound quality when using the MDI and my iPod - more so with some bands than others. Nickelback in particular sounds very 'buzzy' but interestingly the same tracks played back via SD card or from the HD sound just fine. So it's not the speakers. Curious...

ralp2dam
12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Have to say it. Nickelback might be your problem. Sounds strange to me.

PassatB6
13-06-2012, 03:19 PM
HAve just picked up a superb elegance 125tdi. The only problem I have found so far is that the quality of sound from the ipod connected to the mdi is shocking. I have tried various configurations and searched the forums for hints, but I am down to thinking something is faulty with the mdi or cables.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Chris
my12 superb 125 tdi - platin grey wagon only 200 kilometres young

I have noticed the sound quality varies depending on how high the volume is set on the iPod compared to the unit itself. Also there is a sensitivity setting somewhere I remember which affects sound quality. Will go check....

Yao
13-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Mine works perfectly - not that I use it that much as I've got all my music stored on an SD card (over 2000 songs) and play my music from there.

My daughter, who hates my music :) often uses either the MDI or Bluetooth connection to stream music from her iPod (often very, very loudly) and it works very well

chrisr_aus
13-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I have noticed the sound quality varies depending on how high the volume is set on the iPod compared to the unit itself. Also there is a sensitivity setting somewhere I remember which affects sound quality. Will go check....

Yeah.. under setup AUX sensitivity low - medium - high .... only use low for ipod

Hilnic
13-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Changed my AUX setting to Low and the sound quality with 'troublesome' bands (even Nickelback ralp2dam!) improved greatly. Thanks PassatB6 and chrisr_aus!

PassatB6
14-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Changed my AUX setting to Low and the sound quality with 'troublesome' bands (even Nickelback ralp2dam!) improved greatly. Thanks PassatB6 and chrisr_aus!

Also check the relative volumes between the iPod and the head Unit. eg low on one and high on the other to find the best quality, seems to make a difference for me.

ashmannnn
02-12-2014, 09:36 PM
ahhh there's your problem... someone shoved a malibu nickleback head up there..... :-)