PDA

View Full Version : 125tdi superb/all vw dsg problems

wazza7
11-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi,
I was having dsg issues on my 09 superb which has now done 90k.

1. slight shudder on 1 2 upshift
2. more importantly clutches releasing and relocking for maybe 1 second in 6th gear at any speed from 80 up, on light or wider throttle openings and as the clutches would release and relock they made a graunching? sound.

Story goes I took vehicle with 89k on it to Allan Mackay Skoda Moss Vale in the Southern Highlands N.S.W. who were the closest dealer to me although not where the vehicle was purchased.I explained the problems and left the Skoda to be repaired under warranty.After much toing and froing between the dealer and VW tech boffins whom with respect, I think read off check lists, decided the problems were engine related although to me and the rest of the world who had the same or similar transmission issues they were not.

Finally the dealer was asked by VW to put the ears on the car (in their parlance).I advised them to put the ears on the transmission and save themselves ,VW Aust and myself any more time and inconvenience.

Result, after approximatly 1 month in the dealers workshop a brand new 6 speed dsg has been supplied by VW and fitted at their cost .

As people on the forum may know from research, these and other dsg problems have ocurred across a range of VW vehicles worldwide and after much haggling there have been recalls in other countries but not Australia.

I cannot speak highly enough of the dealer and their customer service (so if you need your car serviced they are only an hour or so up the freeway from Canberra or the same from Sydney).

If I can be of any further help ,let me know.

BlackSuperb
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
wazza7, was the mileage when you first started to notice the problems? My MY09 125TDI has just clocked up 80,000 km and have only four months so warranty left and have had no problems..... yet. (Not that I'm expecting any.)

wazza7
11-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi,
Rather than write a book about the issue,feel free to contact me at warrenff8@gmail.com with your phone number and I will call you back.