PDA

View Full Version : Interior Light Error Code from LED's

thezoneR32
24-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I had some LED interior lights installed in my MKVGTI which are supposed to be error free however I have the error light on my instrument cluster (the yellow bulb with !). I have a vagcom cable temporarily (thanks to gav) and vcds can anyone advise how I can diagnose which bulb is causing the issue and how to clear the light?

h100vw
25-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Pail, do a full scan of the car and make a note which ECU has the fault code in it.

My guess is instruments but just a guess. Then I'd put the standard bulbs back in one at a time and try clearing the code. When the code doesn't come back you have found it!

Gavin

thezoneR32
25-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Pail, do a full scan of the car and make a note which ECU has the fault code in it.

My guess is instruments but just a guess. Then I'd put the standard bulbs back in one at a time and try clearing the code. When the code doesn't come back you have found it!

Gavin

Hey Gav, Jeez you were up early this morning! Not sure I like this way. I didnt put any of them in! I did a full scan and there were a few fault codes such as engine overspeed, canbus incorrectly coded, satnav error but nothing about lights. I cleared them all but the light still remains. Are they all just on one circuit? Might just take it back to Solitaire and let them deal with it.

I actually just read somehwere that it only works for the external lghts. If this is true that at least narrows it down to four - 2 driving lights an 2 licence plate lights - which are all working fine of course.

Buckets
25-05-2012, 08:38 PM
One thing I noticed with the Jetta, when I have had a bulb out, watch the MFD on startup. Whenever I have had a bulb out, it tells me where. Maybe yours will do the same.

h100vw
26-05-2012, 06:06 AM
I am in work at 5 Paul.... The early bird gets on the forums or gets the worm. I forget which it is. :D

My understanding is it's for the external lights.

That engine overspeed, did it say engine warranty voided next to it? Loved reading that first time I saw it. Uwe Ross obviously has a sense of humour!

Could the codes have been there a while or have they come back?

The can bus probably doesn't like your sat nav and vice versa.

You could poke around in the coding yourself, just make notes as to what it started out as so you can put it back.

Gavin