PDA

View Full Version : MKIV - ECU Enhancement Thread (Modules and Reflash)

mikinoz
28-07-2007, 04:33 PM
**Please read first***

In my mind I am starting this thread with the intention that if a thread is begun with the sole purpose of educating new and existing user about ECU Enhancements that there is less likely of this thread being hijacked for personal point scoring purposes.

Please add facts (like suppliers) and endeavor to keep personal agendas out, or else I will have the thread scuttled.

Thanks, Michael.

mikinoz
28-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Post what ECU modifications that you have done to your MKIV. Most likely we will only hear from the 1.8t crowd, but, I am sure that there are some 2.0 people out there that have some information to add.

I would like to hear about what ECU mod you have done, were you happy with the result, were you satisfied with the value and more subjectively, would you prefer another option if you had your chance again?

I cannot share any experiences - as my 1.6 was not retuned as the remap availbale was over $1000 and gained IIRC 6 - 7 KW! :???:

shami
29-07-2007, 10:32 AM
OK I'll go first:

Got an oettinger chip, the first time i drove my car i absolutely sh*t myself that how much of a difference there was. The car felt more responsive especially at lower RPMs, felt alot more zippy.

Didnt affect fuel consumption at all, but i really do think that if i drove my car at a decent way i'd still get over 400 k's out of it. But its just way too much fun and im prone to giving it a bit...well very often :cool:

I think thats the beauty of chipped 1.8Ts that there soo low end torque that u can enjoy it witout hammering it and if u want the power its there ready to go.

Thats just my opinion and i highly recommend getting it done before any other mod. From there i got a BOV, n75j and a 3inch dump pipe...and now its absolutely flies! :D:D

Shami