PDA

View Full Version : Touareg front fog lights...

ads1405
14-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Has anyone attempted to install front fog lights on a touareg? I have come across the basic parts (original fog lights, wiring harness and euro switch) but obviously need some assistance with the install. Not keen on my local auto elec as i imagine it's a tricky excercise.

My touareg has an factory rear fog already, some international forums suggest relaying of the rear to work the front, but it seems a rather messy excercise. The wiring harness comes with a trigger for the euro switch... obviously fed into the control module.

Does anyone have a Melbourne based recommendation as to who they'd trust to assist?

hedditch
09-03-2013, 08:57 PM
I have done this on my T2. Not too difficult .. I am in Melbourne and I will message you my contact details

Stuart..

Hillbilly
09-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Has anyone attempted to install front fog lights on a touareg? I have come across the basic parts (original fog lights, wiring harness and euro switch) but obviously need some assistance with the install. Not keen on my local auto elec as i imagine it's a tricky excercise.

My touareg has an factory rear fog already, some international forums suggest relaying of the rear to work the front, but it seems a rather messy excercise. The wiring harness comes with a trigger for the euro switch... obviously fed into the control module.

Does anyone have a Melbourne based recommendation as to who they'd trust to assist?

Can I respectfully point out that running the rear fog light on at night is a proverbial pain in the **** for following drivers

We have several idiots in our area that persist in doing that and as it effectively masks the brake lights by its brightness its impossible to tell when they are braking. Is especially bad on late model Pajeros a word which also describes these drivers.

Also it is illegal to have these on at either end unless the weather is bad enough to need them.

Not that anyone observes this rule, in our area anyway.

hedditch
08-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Can I respectfully point out that running the rear fog light on at night is a proverbial pain in the **** for following drivers

We have several idiots in our area that persist in doing that and as it effectively masks the brake lights by its brightness its impossible to tell when they are braking. Is especially bad on late model Pajeros a word which also describes these drivers.

Also it is illegal to have these on at either end unless the weather is bad enough to need them.

Not that anyone observes this rule, in our area anyway.

With due respect, I fitted the OEM fog lamps and then upgraded them with 3000 Kelvin HID lamps (yellow light) specifically for use in fog condition. A condition I experience regularly during winter months, as the factory fitted HID Xenons are particularly bad in fog.

Why on God Earth would you automatically group somebody wishing to add a factory option with morons who don't understand the local road laws or the purpose of fog lamps?

Thanks for the kind thoughts..

Transporter
08-05-2013, 07:38 AM
With due respect, I fitted the OEM fog lamps and then upgraded them with 3000 Kelvin HID lamps (yellow light) specifically for use in fog condition. A condition I experience regularly during winter months, as the factory fitted HID Xenons are particularly bad in fog.

Why on God Earth would you automatically group somebody wishing to add a factory option with morons who don't understand the local road laws or the purpose of fog lamps?

I'm quite sure that he didn't reply to you, so no need to get too defensive. The evidence that people aren't using the lights properly is there every night, at least in here in SA and I'm sure it's similar everywhere else in AU.

Hillbilly
08-05-2013, 07:59 AM

Can I also respectfully ask that you reread the first sentence which was in reply to the second sentence in the OP

The post was about REAR FOG LIGHTS which are RED and not yellow or any other color that the fronts may be.

If you have ever followed a Pajero at night when it has them on its a guessing game as to whether he has his foot resting on the brake or he has the bright fogs on.

I have no beef with those who use them for what they were intended for.
Just those who use them as "Look at me " lights and have to have everything turned on whether they need them or not.

hedditch
08-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Hillbilly Old Mate, I have to eat "humble pie". I must also give up responding to posts when I am suffering from insomnia, as I can only concur with your sentiments. Now that I have actually read it properly!

in all honesty I have always believed those red lights at the back of idiots car was to enable better weapon sighting!

hillbilly, please accept my apology

Stuart...

FJ Steve
08-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Stuart (me ol' china plate)......care to send me 'details' of the FRONT 'fog' light addition/upgrade?

Cheers mate.

greg32
06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I haven't attempted to see if it is worth trying to fit my Treg with front fogs. As for terminology- fog/driving lights used when conditions don't warrant them are called loser lights. Loser lights are very common on Commodores as a very poor mans version of DRLs